What's the latest on Crate's town builder game? Now entitled Farthest Frontier

Will there be an early access?

We don’t know. All we know is in this thread.

For a second,I felt the urge to play Majesty again after seeing this screenshot. Wanted to put wanted signs on those bears :smiley: Damn I wish someone would make a game like Majesty series soon.

majesty series is a very innovative town builder/rts/rpg game. giving player almost total control over their kingdom, but the player can only use banners and bounties to persuade/dissuade the adventurers, which follow their own whims and needs.

the enemies are brutal though. in many missions, giving huge money/items/xp to a single adventurer is not a good idea, because they have their own limits based on their class. majesty encourage players to share the wealth between adventurers, so that they can work together to take down a deadly monster/force.

its kinda painful trying to make the adventurers form up a unified squad to march to a single point, but it emphasis the point that player as a king doesn’t have full reign on everything. sometimes a king can only gives suggestion and hope the subordinates can perform their task efficiently. just like real life (puppet) kings.

It’ll be great to see some features from majesty series in crate’s town builder.

oh. and lets not forget the advisor’s eternal noise. YOUR MAJESTY. YOUR MAJESTY. YOUR MAJESTY.8888888

then a random wizard (delightfully) said: I’M MELTIIIIIIIIING!!!

1 Like

But, I’m just a gnoooooome…

Damn, missed adding these from just before Christmas

What's the latest on Crate's town builder game?

Damn didn’t scroll far enough up. :woman_facepalming: Oh well, never hurts to have them twice. :crazy_face:

I just played Banished and I cant stand how bad the graphcis and gameplay is. Good lord when do my suffering end, need a townbuilder fix asap but Crate wont unfortunately do a Wolcen type release, so need to wait MOAR :expressionless:

Come now… I’ve only played it a little but it isn’t nearly that bad.

For what I believe is mostly a one-man gig Banished has done quite well and they (or he, or whoever) definitely deserves props for putting out a successful game solo. That takes guts and commitment and if for nothing else than that he deserves some respect.

5 Likes

Sorry powbam I take back my words, Banish is good but not my cup of tea anymore, (feels outdated after having exhausted and played Frostpunk over 100hrs )… maybe I need to play it more? IDK but also I just want Crate as well to release more screenshots of townbuilder plus on the sideline I also see this as another opportunity to bash Wolcen cause god i hate that game so much :rage:

1 Like

Well, we have a thread for that so keep this one focused on the town builder.

Now we might not see this game revealed for quite a long time. Sad times…

Graphic looks better than any town builder of other companies that are currently being developed as far as I know. I’m looking forward.

Maybe, given the current situation, another screenshot or two of the new town builder would cheer us up a bit @medierra.

That or you finishing the Crate story so we have something to read in our spare time. :wink:

1 Like

Man I’d forgoten about the crate story.
Give of us somthing to keep us cheerful :smiley:

14 Likes

Thank you big M! :smile: It’s looking great. Are we any closer to getting more info about it?

Plus it’s the wee small hours where you are - go to bed man! :upside_down_face:

So many unique buildings - and they look so nice.

After upgrading some buildings:

18 Likes