Why still do not nerf warlord?

First of all, this topic is not to show off, but to feel that the balance of the game has more or less appeared some problems.Acid reverse physical warlord is popular now. I thought of doing acid reverse physical BD for witch blade before, but it may not be a good thing to think about, which may lead to the decline of game experience and the loss of players. There is a big gap between warlord damage and anti damage, acid to physical white whoring damage, affinity and ability of physical warlord constellation.
we can see, warlord has a perfect performance, such as pass ultimate SR 130, 8 min to pass U SR 75,76, 57 seconds to pass Predator,1 min to Desert God
this is video: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av89075217?from=search&seid=2325158438585590844
thiis is bd: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkJLE4Z

2 Likes

Also warlord and retal has been nerfed a ton of times since release. It’s in a good place right now as a slow cruci build but SR monster. Back then it was a monster both in cruci and SR lmao.

1 Like

I don’t even get this build. Does the OP know Counter Strike becomes pure Acid because of the mod conversion (meaning all phys retal that goes to the skill becomes acid)? So why the physical focus on devotions and that going for global acid to physical doesn’t actually change Counter Strike damage?

I bring this up because Counter Strike is pretty much the main damage skill when Soldier is a part of the Sentinel of the Three set. And yet the OP picked up RR skills that do not increase its damage because Counter Strike becomes acid with that set.

He doesn’t. Cause CS doesn’t become pure acid. Looks like the past few days when zantai gave us double conversion storm totems bogged your mind to think double conversion on CS works too :rofl:

Physical focus on devos is the only way to get the highest retal numbers. There’s nowhere else in the devo map that gives a lot of %total retal.

Think again.

I love the build. Really smart concept.
Looks like there’s still many retal build we’ve yet to explore.

As of warlord retal nerf thingie. Global retal has been nerfed so much that it might make retal build other than warlord suffer. Thing about warlord is they can get a super high %retal damage compared to other alternatives. But that’s their specialty.

We have seen many times that a lot of nerf being targeted to synergistic classes impact less synergystic classes more. Nerfing %retal damage from either soldier or oathkeeper may seem the way to go, but it will just hurting other retal build interconnected to them more.

I just hope that in the final version of GD, all good skills and items wont become trash and only good for cronley farming.

3 Likes

AFAIK retaliation cannot be converted.
Not 100% sure on RDatA. (I believe RDatA does get converted but can’t be arsed testing it.)

I don’t know what gets converted first in the order of conversion with those items tbh. I believe the Physical damage from the set gets converted first but fuck knows. But conversion only occurs once right?

retal does get converted, it would be dumb if it didnt but rata did
and it’s easy to test this, just equip stormtitan & beroforged

Wow i never know that retal can be converted, so if i got some fire and lightning retal from devotion and my equipment have 100% ele to physical, my retal will be converted to physical like any normal damage get converted from that global conversion

Smart build, kudos.

Retaliation builds faceroll all content in one set of gear meanwhile Zantai is still busy nerfing Crucible super glass cannons with fantasy greens.

3 Likes

Retaliation gets converted globally, always has done.

Early on in release, I vaguely remember testing transmuter-level conversion for someone which didn’t seem to work which I think is where the confusion comes from, but that got changed along the line and now transmuters like Dreeg’s Reproach correctly convert the damage (and similarly skill modifier conversion should as well).

How doesn’t it become pure acid? It does because the mod conversion comes before any global conversion. So Counter Strike is pure acid.

And retal being able to be converted is common knowledge at this point. It’s why Beronath Reforged got a retal total damage nerf, because it converted all elemental retal to physical in stuff like Turnison Reprisal.

To make it clearer: The natural phys retal on grimtools page 3 is converted to acid - true. Then the acid retal on that same page is converted to phys, which grimtools doesn’t show.

Ah, got it. This game’s mechanics can be somewhat confusing at times. lol

yeah, first time seeing you wrong about endgame meta

1 Like

Why wasn’t that 16% phys res on the set tied to blood of dreeg? Seems necessary to keep that from WL.

While I appreciate adding new mechanics and content, It has to be said that retal and RtA is completely unbalanced.

4 Likes

Why wasn’t that ever nerfed? Pretty obvious…

Answer 1: because the set of The Three doesn’t do 4:30 in Crucible

Answer 2: because the set of The Three isn’t a conduit

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Care to rattle off a list? I’d be content at guessing if you said just one, but pluralizing it has me scratching my head over the full extent as there’s a lot of small recent changes to archetypes I’ve not familiarized myself with.

Well, you can take Chinese build collection, like half of it (exaggerating of course) is retal Warlords of all kinds.

You probably remember Retaliation BWC Commando and my Retaliation Grasping Vines Archon (latter can crush Crucible and Shards 75-76 but not as tanky as retal Soldiers).

Generally this, yes. And it’s not just warlord. Stupid stuff like Jaxxon rings + rta and rta + an inquis wps add to the mash since day 1 of FG.

Maybe in time it will see some more tweaks :man_shrugging:

But…it is much better now than it was with the whole crazy situation of pierce +physical retal domination at release of FG. Some of the conversion gear introduction and tweaks since FG release have had a reverse impact , though.