[1.0.6.1] Warpblade - Krieg DW Aether Cadence Death Knight, Gladiator farmer (9 minutes)

Hello, wonderful people!
This is my approach to make a Krieg melee fighter.
Nothing new: full Krieg set, double Mindwarp plus slight refinement. Contrary to good classic shield-wielding Krieg this one became an ultimate slaughter machine.

Meet the Warpblade.

>> Grimtools << no green items used
>> Grimtools << with shield
>> Grimtools << dedicated DW setup for Ravager of Flesh

It’s a Death Knight using Cadence fully converted to Aether and partially to Vitality.
Shocks and stomps Crucible in 7 minutes. Hard and fast action! ©

Core of the build

• Main damage skill of this build is Cadence.
  • Core items for this build are double Mythical Mandwarp and Krieg’s Armament set.
  • Build’s defenses include huge HP pool (~25k in Crucible), decent armor, 18% constant ADCtH and Mark of Torment. Ghoul is used as circuit breaker.

Gameplay

• Aggressive melee combat.
  • As always, Anasteria is annoying, be careful with her. And watch Alek’s meteors too.
  • All combinations of nemeses are facerolled. Double Reapers are dangerous due to whooping 96% aether res, kiting is needed.

Devotion route

1. Ghoul, Sailor’s Guide, Scholar’s Light, Hawk, Widow;
  2. Jackal, Viper, Eel, Dying God, Revenant;
    [li]Solemn Watcher, Spear of the Heavens, Aeon’s Hourglass.[/li]After completing Ghoul, Sailor’s Guide and Scholar’s Light you’ll surely have useless red, blue and green nodes at the Crossroads, remove them using Spirit Guide.

Max crit landed in Crucible (solo, Crucible buffs, Vanguard Banner)

Stats pane (Deadly Momentum, Mindwarp, Hungering Void up)

Video

DW: Crucible (6:38)

S&B: Crucible

S&B: Grava’Thul

DW: Lokarr (23 seconds)

DW: Ravager of Flesh (3:26)

Outdated

Credits

• Strannik - pointing out that WPS are needed here too.
  • tr1p and John_Smith - brilliant idea with Necrotic Edge.
2 Likes

I see the alternative way to assemble this build with Mythical Dismember Stone, Magelord Rings and Soul Harvest. Better damage but needs further testing.
Poor resistances too.

Its such a pain to sustain Soul harvest just for the buff on autoattacker. And it can as well result in DPS loss for cadence build due to missed cadences.

Agreed. But look at this sweet damage!
Up to 24k pure aether instead of 20k. Worth trying with proper green pants. But that’s not my way of making builds nowadays

I found perfect Magelords after 1500 hours :stuck_out_tongue: Not sure why ppl hate green stuff so much, there is a good chance to drop some goodies in crucible.

Did it.
Now resistances are very tight but somewhat balanced.
I’ll test this one tomorrow and update this thread.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62a5xek2

It’s not about hate but about making a standard flexible concept :slight_smile:

I agree, finding a great double rare should improve your build, not be a requirement to making it work. My opinion, anyway, but given the rarity of these items it seems the right thing to do when posting a build.

Wasn’t this done already? I swear I saw this DK build somewhere on forums.

Curious if well-rolled heart of theodin marcell will be outperforming cadence with full wps pool.

Idk if I got my math right but calculating single target weapon damage, cadence at 255% average weapon swing (counting wps and the chance of fastcharging cadence with dw non wps attacks) edges out fleshwarped strikes at 201% weapon damage (9/12 markovian, 12/12 zolhan, 12/10 reaping strike, 12/12 necrotic). Including the non WD flat dmg, I haven’t calculated that.

So Cadence Really strong, I see.

Just wasted 20 minutes trying to make it work with Magelords, but then realised that your rings are there to cover resists. Damn, this build has potential to be even stronger with well rolled green pants.

EDIT: Something like this

Hello mate :slight_smile:
Did you see this message?
This one should deal tons of damage.

Have you considered going conduit to fix res?

Getting the undying conduit for -10% aether res to siphon souls might be worth exploring.

Good suggestion too!
I’ll compare the effectiveness of Dismember Stone and conduit soon.

Glad to be of service to you, friend. :slight_smile:

I tested all suggested setups and added an alternative one.
Clear time is better but at the same time resistances are very tight, so you probably will spend more time in kiting.
Dismember stone is the same damage-wise but have lower attack speed, so I dropped it.
Will test the Conduit later when I craft the required one.

>> Grimtools << no green items used << Alternative setup with Magelord rings and Soul Harvest

//youtu.be/D7-SnWetAKw

Also updated the initial version.
>> Grimtools << no green items used

For me it’s good.

Good job veretrange another build for my collection. I hope the newbies will liket it. :cool:

TY!
This build is worth trying.

Hey man, nice build :slight_smile:

What do you think about taking Siphon Souls (great LL and nice enemy debuf) and using Mark of Anathema? I feel like the the Direwolf Crest is not doing much for this build (wasted pierce damage and useless skills bonus).

Hi!
Direwolf Crest does 4 major things: 30% aether resistance, 152 OA (in my roll), 18% Beast racial bonus and enables us to dual wield.
Mark of the Anathema forces us to swap relic with Bladedancer’s or such, that’s a pure damage loss.
I theorycrafted this build with Bladedancer’s Talisman+Mark of the Dreadblade, but Doom+Direwolf Crest results in better damage and gives more skillpoints.