[1.1.2.5] DW cold Infiltrator for beginners-build diary

Thanks for the info, i figured it was something like that. Much appreciated

Hi, i have recently started to play grim dawn, and cause i have had played diablo 2 , and path of exile a LOT, i knew that choosing the “wrong” build / champ at first = you wont have fun with the game, completly. (i also played d3, but d3 sux and does not count…)

I just wanted to give you the feedback, that i think this guide is very good and it helped me a lot to get into the game. And cause it is my absolute first champ (i dont know if i “fucked up” devotion, cause i did not understand it right at first, but time will tell. and i went to “ghoul” as first complete devotion (and only if you have all points in a specific devotion, you can use them or ? and can i unlearn devotion completly as all other lvl points ? sry for noob questions…), cause it felt “right” , plus it gives much more durability (i think “seal” would give enough durability ,too. but cause in risky situations i set it too late “ghoul” is automatic rescue…)

i dont know , why you get so less feedback, but i think a lot of players just “use” the guides, for example i made my account really in order to write you this comment…

So, thx a lot, without your guide the game wont be as good as it is right now. And cause i only can guess how much time and energy doing such a guide costs, thumps up. Really good work^^

(and i tried playing path of exile without any guide read before, so i can compete )

Greetings from Germany.

1 Like

yes you can, just visit the spirit guide :slight_smile:
also there is a potion that you can use to refund all deovotion points

ah, ok , ty ^^

Hi, welcome to the forum and thanks for your comment! :slightly_smiling_face:

You can reset devotions from Spirit Guides, first one is located in Devil’s Crossing. It costs aether crystals and some money, I think.

Ghoul devotion is very nice, I recommend it on melee builds especially. I personally tend to go to devotions with procs. One idea is to go get Bat and then to aim for Elemental Storm for resistance reduction. The offensive option is to start with Tsunami.

Hi! I’m new to the game (just beat the normal campaign on a character for the first time). I wanted to try to follow a build-guide next and came across this one. It looked really helpful/in depth, so I started to follow it!

I have a question though: how do I obtain a Shard of Beronath at level 55? It looks like it is fairly gated behind RNG/high level content? I think I can also get it from the vendor in the Feral Thicket, however isn’t that a very low probability (and gated behind Skeleton Key)?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Shard of Beronath blueprint can drop by random mobs, can be sold by Vinelton in Ancient Grove, probably too by Hyram in Malmouth area and also some monster totems may drop it. Sadly Infiltrator don’t have other options for auto attack and is one of the strongest builds in the game.

Luckily you can do Shadow Strike focused build in the meantime, using Spectral Longswords from Steps of Torment. Like this:

Awesome! I’ll follow that build for now, then respec to your stuff when I get more money. Is it easy to respec devotions and skills this much?

Thank you so much, awesome content :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both devotions and skills can be respeced by Spirit Guide, either in Devil’s Crossing and later in Coven. Devotions costs some iron and aether crystals. Later there’s potion which resets your whole map. And skill points can be respeced too, cost only iron. The cost increase after you made lot’s of changes, but early points are very cheap.

@Nery - that makes a lot of sense. I’m actually about to hit level 50 using the Shadow Strike build. If/when I find the Shard of Beronath blueprint in the next few levels, do you think it makes sense to switch to your build?

It’s personal preference, I think having auto attack with WPS makes more sense, but depends what you like better. But if you find the blueprint I am sure you’ll want to try it :slightly_smiling_face:

I just found the blueprint in the Feral Thicket! I’m going to grind up to level 55-60, and then switch over to your build!

1 Like

Hey @Nery. I just respec’d over and I’m having a little bit of trouble. My damage feels a little bit less than when I was playing the Shadow Strike build. I’m very new to this game and the mechanics, so is there anything I’m obviously missing? https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRrynKZ

It doesn’t look bad on paper at all! But if you play classical melee, you need better attack speed. I think you can switch to Revenant and take more points in Veil of Shadow for instant RR application.

Honestly build is a bit old, don’t remember much what I was doing. But yes more speed and better aura should help you. Later stages, when you have gear with +skills you may even do Beronath/Shaow Strike hybrid. But for now is up to you. If you feel Shadow Strike is better or you like it more stick with it. You can always change your setup.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s very helpful! Are there other cold infiltrator builds you would recommend besides this one then, if this one is old?

I mean the one that link you by Stupid Dragon is more recent, also you can check this one: [1.1.6.2] Beginner's Shadow Strike Infiltrator. Cruise through endgame in faction gear and without keyboard

But overall most of my leveling guide/budget build is still viable. But I haven’t play recently as Shadow Strike through leveling, so maybe is better than my approach.

But if you like DW melee auto attacker Infiltrator is perhaps the best class for it in the game. But you need substantial attack speed to make it shine and mind Inquisitor mastery don’t provide any boost, so you need to acquire it through devotions/gear.

Hello Nery! Thank you again for another great guide, im still testing nub builds (more interesting for me than getting high lvl lol). Im playing at normal/veteran and happy with that build! Very mobile and high survivability. BTW, can you check my GT for basic gear advices to make it better at my lvl?
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqP8b5V

Well, to be brutally honest considering the low price of this build, I can’t think of something to make it better, you have done great job of building it!

I would only swap points from Pneumatic burst main skill and Merciless Repertoire with Dual Blades, since your physical resistance is low and you’ll gain some small %cold damage as well.

Oh im sorry, thats someone’s char. Wrong link, i didnt notice… haha so that guy made a great work… Fixed link now :smiley:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqP8b5V

I am not fond of your off-hand weapon, since it’s fire but otherwise solid build for now, max of Censure and Night’s Chill is great. Now your next step should be Murmur and increase of life steal and attack speed. Here since it’s auto attack getting extra points in Pneumatic Burst is helpful and maybe that can free gloves for Restless remains component.

Since at level 45 you are fighting chtonics and Log I assume, work on vitality, chaos and fire resistances. Arms and chest have low armor, gloves have attack speed, so using something with speed and resistances may be better.

Chest also can be subbed. I notice my build also lacked some vital stats early on, hmmm.

Btw the upper link should be Stupid Dragon’s build, right? :smiley: