So, the patch 126.96.36.199 is out and it brought us (among other things) significant Soulrend and green belts’ buffs (tnx Zantai).
And finally I’ve reworked my very first build to make it perform better and suit modern standards properly.
Although at the heart of the build lies a meme-cosplay concept, it shows itself pretty nice, slaughtering hordes of monsters and bosses alike.
In campaign and cruci the build is very resilient, hard-hitting and hard to kill. In SR, though, the gameplay becomes more risky and dangerous, so a bit of luck won’t hurt!
- Weapon - core of the build, BiS here.
- Armor - also BiS for its bonuses and because it’s almost the only melee cold-based set (except, maybe, Silver Sentinel)
- Belt - also BiS for its conversion, +1 to mastery; the main point is conversion, so any good affixes will suit well.
- Medal and amulet - well … BiS again! For their mods and bonuses.
- Pants - can be replaced with Reaper’s Chausses to cap Soul Harvest but I haven’t seen much difference (and Barbarosses also give us phys res, which is very important).
PROS AND CONS
- Huge amount of ADctH, which lets us to fully heal from single BH cast, combined with multiple layers of defensive mechanics, help us to take an upperhand even on superboss like Lokarr and emerge victorious from the most fierce battles.
- Very nice AoE and solo-target damage.
- Build is capable of landing face-crushing blows, max damage dealt is almost 1,5m.
- Cool transmog.
- Core gear - weapon, amulet, especially rings - are incredibly hard to get. Belt with required affixes - the same.
- Build requires proper piloting and usage of defensive skills to utilise his full potential.
- Kuba is a pain in the ass, though not that hard it was in AoM.
UPD: added a video made by Anton Wojciechowski (special thanks also) who made a 6:58 run and harvested even more souls!
188.8.131.52 Crucible run made by @Slev1n
All my builds are available here: Afanasenkov26’s Build collection