Stats shown with passives active.
Try to get a Wendigo Gaze medal with the ‘of Caged Souls’ suffix or a Korvaak’s Burning-Blade with a Necromancer/Apostate/Cabalist/Theurgist/Ritualist prefix for the last +2 to Raise Skeletons to cap it out at 26/16. Some DA on an affix and/or your Mogdrogen’s Ardor craft bonus are also big helps to patch it up some more.
Pets overall got some hefty changes in 1.1.9 that from what I’ve seen so far have caused confusion with pet players. For me, I am back to this build after putting it together last year and after some tests, it has seemingly been buffed (or at least is better than I remember). Since it’s looking viable by my own metrics for builds now, I thought I should share it as I’ve seen few builds for Raise Skeletons, few builds for Fire pets and only 2 or 3 that successfully combine both of them together over the previous updates.
Also a good way to get feedback from pet players that are more experienced than I am in a singular place.
- Raise Skeletons is our main source of damage converting the pet’s Physical and Vitality damage over to Fire through our weapon and amulet. Fissure is bound to them adding in more Fire damage and AoE capability - their numerous/rapid attacks means 2-3 are always active in a fight.
- We add more flat damage to our Skeletons through Soul Harvest, Blood Pact, Mogdrogen’s Pact, our Khonsar rings and Corruptor set proc.
- Our Briarthorn acts as a beatstick in place of our Skeletons and the Primal Spirit as an additional chunk of damage whenever it is out, unfortunately any Vitality damage for them stays as Vitality as we only globally convert our pet Physical damage.
- For pet defense, all of our pet resistances are overcapped by 15-41%, physical resistance is increased by 34%, Ill Omen reduces all damage they take by 25%, Wendigo Totem keeps them consistently healed within the Totem’s radius and Blood Pact alongside Toad feeds them 11% ADCtH.
- For player defense, we have Wendigo Totem, Giant’s Blood and Corrupted Soul for health recovery, Ill Omen and Primal Bond reduce the damage we receive and Defy Death gives us a circuit breaker to work with in emergencies.
Raise Skeletons (Fissure): Our main pet for dealing damage, primarily via the Mages.
Bone Harvest (Shepherd’s Call): Reliably procs Shepherd’s Call and Soul Harvest for big conjointed damage increases.
Ill Omen: All around reduces incoming damage taken for us and our pets.
Summon Briarthorn (Eldritch Fire): Provides some nice side damage, a way to proc Eldritch Fire and some sizable buffs through Emboldening Presence. Ground Slam means it will often take aggro away from our Skeletons as well.
Conjure Primal Spirit: provides another pet alongside the Briarthorn that can take a beating and acts as a damage nuke.
Grasping Vines (Howl of Mogdrogen): Reliably procs Mogdrogen due to Grasping Vine’s ticking it’s Physical damage 2 times per second per instance in an AoE.
Wind Devil (Elemental Storm): Lowers our enemies resistance to Fire damage passively and procs Elemental Storm on it’s attacks.
Wendigo Totem: Provides a way to heal our pets and us consistently.
Spectral Binding: Some health, some OA. Spectral Wrath helps with the Vitality damage on our Briarthorn/Primal Spirit a little bit.
Mogdrogen’s Pact (Giant’s Blood): Provides our pets and us with various benefits ranging from damage, health, DA, resistances and armour.
Primal Bond: Huge damage increase for our pets by giving us some much needed crit damage to pair with Howl of Mogdrogen’s OA/total speed.
Presence of Might: Resistances for us and our pets.
Mogdrogen’s Ardor: Health, total speed and armour for all of our pets.
Elemental Storm: Provides 32 reduced target’s Elemental resistance in an AoE.
Eldritch Fire: Provides -23% Fire resistance as a contagion that spreads from one enemy to another.
Raging Tempest: Provides -31% Elemental resistance as a passive debuff around the Wind Devils.
In total, this leaves us with -86% Fire resistance. Good enough for anything without a ton of Fire resistance but struggles with guys like Maiden or Grava.
Enough Cunning/Spirit to equip our weapon and off-hand. Rest in Physique.
Keep up Soul Harvest, Shepherd’s Call, Howl of Mogdrogen and 2-3 Wind Devils. Keep your pets inside of your Wendigo Totem and debuff enemies with Ill Omen. Use Primal Spirit whenever it’s available to speed up Heroes/Bosses or clear through trash faster.