šŸ”° Beginner Build Compendium - 86 guides for AoM & FG expansions

There is no Druid in the Beginnerā€™s Build compendium so I tried to level one specifically for the forums, and it got HC deleted by Loxmere Nightmage. It was a Wind Devil Druid and it did fairly well right up to its death, but I wonā€™t be able to take what I have and turn it into a full-on thread.

I do have a Grimtools as to what the character should look like, and I have pages of leveling instructions on farming the right areas and getting the materials needed for the bulk of the crafting youā€™re going to need to do for the character, so if anyone would like to take up the mantle and try and finish what I started, I can share all the information I have and make it a collaborative effort.

Hereā€™s the Grimtools of what it was supposed to look like. It only has 2650 DA, but 7 open affixes (+ more if you want to make Stoneplate Greaves instead of using the Harvest ones) can easily fix that problem, either it be through extra Physique like ā€œof the Boarā€ or through affixes that grant OA or DA. Having 4-5 of the items being craftable leads to some nifty bonuses as well. The sheer quantity of things you can craft with this build is what makes it so versatile and why I canā€™t just slap on a SC version and call it a day.

The playstyle itself is very dynamic - youā€™re constantly in motion allowing the Wind Devils to kill everything. Itā€™s not meant to be a single-target juggernaut, but its AoE capabilities (especially when you get that 5th Wind Devil at Level 90) is tremendous. My original Grimtools had Wendigo Totem, but I had no place where it was better to just stand in the totem when I could be moving around to avoid the damage in the first place.

Anyone want to take on the Wind Devil Druid in my place?

1 Like

Youā€™d have a more damaging build if you moved some points around into Storm Totems or TSS. You couold take points from IEE or MP.

1 Like

My only gripe is that both Storm Totem and TSS require off-hand modifiers to operate at their maximum capacity, and the Wind Devil off-hand MI is absolutely necessary for QoL and having the extra Wind Devil for more damage. I guess if I take points from IEE, Stormcallerā€™s Pact and Mogdrogenā€™s Pact I can set Storm Totem to 18/16, but you get a breakpoint at 21/16 and thereā€™s no way to get that without the aforementioned off-hand MI. Donā€™t get me started on TSS and how many points that would require for it to do damage.

If the equipment was there to support Storm Totem, Iā€™d definitely do it, but the MI support is in direct conflict with each other. It would be interesting to compare 5 Wind Devils against 4 Devils + 3 Storm Totems, but as my characterā€™s dead, I canā€™t exactly go out and test that.

1 Like

I just meant this, taking from IEE and MP, donā€™t want to change your concept / gear. Your damage will be higher, on bosses youā€™ll be able to have 3 Storm Totems permanently. They actually stack in contrast to the first node of Devils

Please consider moving it to Softcore and continuing. Btw I personally have like 4 Beginner builds in pretty advanced state but not wanting to commit the time to finish them :laughing:

Iā€™m considering it, but adding Storm Totems to the mix would make it feel like nearly an entirely new build. When would I add them to the mix? Level 50? Level 60? It would certainly impact the level-by-level skill order and what would result could be entirely different from the playstyle I had been using up to this point. Iā€™m not entirely sure what I will do with the character at the time.

P.S. Hope one of those advanced leveling guides is a Sorcer-er / -ess as outside of Druid thatā€™s the only combination that hasnā€™t been covered yet.

Another one for the list :3

1 Like

And another one -

2 Likes

Idle hands make for the soldierā€™s workshop :sweat_smile:

Rig_Fwu

NVMā€¦ need a guide.

A beginner guide for Rune of Kalastor, at last: [1.1.9.8-1.2] Beginner Lighting Rune Paladin - With leveling guide, budget setup, end game version

1 Like

With the last two additions, for each class a levelling guide should now be available, or?
(until the next expansion drops)

1 Like

Yes, I didnā€™t know that but your observation is correct :partying_face:

1 Like

highly suggest builders/guides take advantage of this awesome new feature Dammitt just added to GT

4 Likes

This has been a treasure of a resource for me, as I kept fooling myself by trying to play a finalised build from the start of the game. Thanks for all the guide authorsā€™ work and I really hope this keeps being updated!

1 Like

New guide

HC Beginner Fire Pyromancer Fire Pyromancer teppieteptep 1.2.1.2

I decided to go back to posting updates here to bump the thread shamelessly since itā€™s not pinned anywhere directly.

3 Likes

97 guides? We need just 3 more and we can have our own top 100 chart.

2 Likes

I might cook up a few more beginner guides while Iā€™m on vacation. :smiley:

2 Likes

Time to sneak this in the BBC while no one is looking - Nocturne ā€“ Lazy, Budget, Player scaled Pets, Conjurer & Ritualist :smirk:

1 Like

Announcement!

The beginner guide will be separated into two parts / posts - with and without detail leveling (journeys).

This means you can make a thread with just a budget setup with some decent testing and no leveling whatsoever and have it listed in the 2nd post.

If you want to be 99% sure that your guide is placed in the 1st post and not the 2nd, provide character snapshots (GT links) of your character at various levels from playing Main Campaign.

Awesome, I wonder what you may come up with.

4 Likes

Another S tier guide by HonorabruSudoku

Stun Jacks + Storm Totems Elementalist, SR 65 & Lokarr Lightning Elementalist HonorabruSudoku 1.2.1.2