First Play through ~ Physical EoR Warlord

First off, big thank you to the gentleman that posted this journey. I appreciate all the effort and work you put in. I read back several times, over and over…you did something right because I haven’t checked it, in likely three days.

Guide I referenced for my first play through.

I am not quite yet finished. I just killed Cronley on Ultimate @ level 86. I did, however, just finally craft Beronath’s. The damn inferno relic was relentless. I spent a couple days looking for it now. Even spammed some totems on normal ( too high level I guess ) because tonight I made a cadence soldier 2hand ranged, level 11 in Arkovian Foothills and the first totem I cleared dropped it. Fortunately for me, by this time, I have already gathered, crafted and prepared all the other aspects of the craft.

Night and day difference having Beronath’s on. I will admit, Cronley did still give me a couple uh oh moments, but I didn’t die. I may sword/board until my skills are a bit more situated, likely have a few things out of place. Also as I have capped devotion points it likely wouldn’t hurt to relook at those and adjust accordingly. I can did NOT clear any FG or AoM content yet.
(Aside from getting into Feral Thicket and Sandclaw Slicer farming in Korvan)

I do however feel the relative ease that comes with having such build complimenting items as Beronath for a Physical Build.

All SSF, no online play, and this is on Xbox.
Thanks again for the guide, and to Crate for an epic piece. Well done.
Wanting to try out SR, Crucible, and delve into FG and AoM content ASAP !

Always open to suggestions for builds for the next trip through the Grim Dawn!

Purchased March 26th @ 0400 hours. Will update when I hit 100!

1 Like

You should be able to get it from Vinelton like the Beronath blueprint I think. I’ll add this info to the guide

I don’t recommend a shield, you’d lose too much attack speed. This build is defensively very good, it’s the damage that needs work. Make sure your resistances and devotions (bound to skills and leveled) are on point.

So I readjusted some components, and a few augments replaced as need be. Made sure to well over cap and be mindful if I swap out anything, reduced my HP passively for decereased Stun, Slow, Freeze, Entrapment cooldown. Huge difference for sure. Do weapon components stack? In particular the life leech from Seal of Blades on two weapons, is 5% from each weapon’s damage, or does it only incorporate the main hand as the tool tips indicate?

Just came across Tenebris Scythe. Looks like it could be interesting for a second play through of EoR ^.^ 20% Damage to Heath, 100% Physical and Fire converted to Chaos for EoR only, as well as 20% increased EoR damage, and +4 to EoR. I assume this must have extensive testing already…Feed back?

Only if your char level is under 50.
Honestly, I just made a Cadence 2 Hand Ranged soldier and went into Arkovia as soon as I had 6 scrap and 5k iron, and the first totem there dropped it, just around the rocky coast. Although I have NEVER kept that amulet from the elder, to realize it may be inferno from what I read?

1 Like

The tool tip is correct, Grim Tools shows it incorrectly. Global Life Leech doesn’t matter for my build. I focused on different ways of sustain since EoR doesn’t benefit from it much due to low weapon damage (leech is scaled down because of it).

no, it’s not inferno

Yes, this is a cool and interesting weapon and quite a few builds have been made around it. But Warlord is not an optimal class for it.