Grim Misadventure #165 - Bring them to Darkness

Boss is called Grandmagus! Grand suggest high rank! wonder how is it compared to an archmage like Aleks.

This Margoneth dude gives me dark chill vibes. What damage type does he do? . Crate should emphasize on a Darkness theme fight! I hope its too dark that we could barely see him in some occasions. Deceit and trickery, with lots of fumble involved as he creates multiple copies of himself. Shoots dark infused laser beams and has surprise mechanics involving environment and pets to annoy us. We need a proper dark sorceror/mage boss fight in this game as most mage fights are against aetherials and they arent dark enough

Grand Anus Morgolel :scorv:

great now the only think we need in this game is for use to be able to swap main menu backgrounds from options vanilla gd aom gd and fg grim dawn for screenshot purposes

1 Like

I know this “comparison” is pretty popular on the table and had quite some Topic(mostly on Steam) about this, however i found FG not much shorter than AoM, even without SR on the table. I’d argue if Big Z / Crate would’ve given us another 15 Levels, 5 up to 10 Devotioncap raise and a new Tier of Items, people would’ve less complained about the Content and how Shorter it feels, due that’s the thing which makes the actual difference. AoM had a Carrot which you spent your Time on and stretched the size of the Game, while FG could tackled with your Full-Equiped Max Level Character, and every bit of Gear and Stuff is more about adding more variety / possibility for Builds, instead of let you go through the Item-Cycle again. I’d argue if you would take away the Levelcap-Increase and Itemcycle of AoM, than people wouldn’t see that much of difference, because in terms of actual Size (Map, Monsters etc) it’s pretty similar’ish. Also not to forget that FG Content added huge variety / diversity in terms of Mapdesign and Monsters, due it plays on a different place in the world of Grim Dawn. You have completly new / different enemies, unlike AoM where many of the stuff feels like a (obviously) Continuation. Also let’s not forget that AoM had Areas which were much more complex in terms of Layout… especially Malmouth itself is Labyrinth, which also stretches somewhat the size of the Areas. Bundled with the fact that Waypoints in FG are much closer, than it’s obviously that FG feels Shorter. Than again i find it kinda ironically because i remember the (pre-)AoM Days where people complained about the Waypoints are far to away and in AoM there are People who dislike Areas like Malmouth for it’s complexity. So in the end it again shows, no matter how the Devs it does, it’s wrong anyway. The only thing which FG really offers less is in terms of Classes, because 1 complete class more does have an Impact.

So to suma sumarum:
I’d argue if we talk about the “actual” Size, i’d still argue AoM and FG are similiarish, especially if you take SR into account. Not forgetting that FG is cheaper (price-wise) compared to AoM, i’d also argue where FG might lack in terms of Quantity ( Content ), it compensates in terms of Quality. I mean the whole QoL Stuff, Movement-Runes which adds another layer to Combat, Iron-Transfer etc etc… does really much to the Game because it irons out edges and polish GD as a whole. Last but not Least let’s not forget (which you already pointed out in some fashion)… the “Expansions” itself are one thing, but even after a Expansion is released the Game gets post-launch content like the Upcoming Questline / Roguelike Dungeons.

2 Likes

this is not on their priority list but will certainly happen in the future when all the bricks have been laid out and there is nothing left for Zantai to do.

So to go away from the Offtopic and go into the original Misadventure.
First of all, the Wallpaper is absolute Amazing. Is now my new Login-Wallpaper for Windows.
Secondly: Really can’t wait for the new Update. While it seems you took some sort of direct inspiration from Tolkien, i really can’t wait to see this rings and explore the new Dungeons, especially the new Roguelike Dungeons.

10 posts were split to a new topic: GD2 - Crate should stay silent or not?

Great! I can’t wait to see how the inquisitor is going to be nerfed for the 985938593 time.

Grim=Night.

When I think about it Margus Margoneth deserves to be the final boss of the game not Korvaak. This dude is a god of darkness at least as what he is trying to be. Just like Satan a wannabe god of darkeness… Not Korvaak… As I was reading the previous misadventure the feeling is just Margus>Korvakk in terms of power levels. Cause u know rogue bosses are also stronger than campaign bosses so its fitting. Im ready and I cant wait for what epic soundtrack Crate has prepared.

Hoping that when we beat the crap out of this dude we get a sense of “dawn”. A temporary peace, a calm before the storm which is of course reserved for the sequels

You have an interesting idea of nerfing.

Meanwhile:

1 Like

Thanks to this. Hopefully leveling an foi build is less pain in the butt. any news if DE is buffed?

Nothing about that, as far as I can tell. Cold DE apparently exists as a concept in chillwhisper set, but I haven’t played with it. People say it’s bad, but unless there is enough evidence, I doubt Z will look into it. I also doubt that he won’t because hey, shittons of epics get updated, might plug in a bunch of holes for underutilized combinations/skills/offtype stuff. (Cold is an off-type for neck-romancers)

alas i have also many many times and to anime women no less lol jk jk

We approaching the end of the month. What a perfect time to be reading patch notes :joy:

Sweet …

December is kinda still far away. Hoping for a dev stream to heal many wanting hearts or better maybe release end of November :sob:

Lazy Praetorians better speed your testing you guys!!

Zantai said this in General Discord chat earlier in the week on Monday:

Take that how ya want.

1 Like

Bruh you cant be serious, holy paladin yikes. When Zantai says something he always means it. Im so dead… thanks for making my day no my week no takee my lifeee even!!!

Well, you could always join the Discord if you haven’t…

This link takes you right to the post if you are joined already…
Zantai post

Surprised the mods didn’t pin that, actually.

Well I remember signing up for this one let me check if I can remember my stats…

Thanks Lazy Praetorian! This will be the best patch ever! ? :smile: