[Tool] Grim Internals

Personally I have to hit the Window key + Print screen button to take screenshots.

I have used this tool for ages and only just discovered the prefix/suffix alert!

Wondering if there is anyway to add an SFX alert to the drop.?
I get the screen alert, but a sound would be useful as I donā€™t always notice the alert and donā€™t have rare autopickup enabled.

PS thanks for all the hard work!

Is there any word what-so-ever from Glocken regarding when v1.1.9.8 drops?

Will GI still work? Probably not, unless someone updates it

Not that I know of, though has been said by some players on the discord that it works with 1.1.9.8 playtest version.

i hope Gerda is okay since itā€™s been long time sheā€™s been heard from :crossed_fingers: :pray:

i donā€™t know the technical stuff, why GI had to be updated each time with new patch or if it was something specific to the patch
but iā€™m using the 107pt GI version that was the last release, on 9.8 playtest, and had zero issue just updating grim dawn and keep using GI
i donā€™t know if it has anything to do with the grim dawn patch(es) themselves going from 9.7beta to 9.7official to 9.8beta, or GI could just work with them automatically
someone suggested that maybe something was deliberately changed in GI to allow this, iirc they said maybe ā€œchecksum verificationā€? was different or such (iā€™m a luddite)
suppose we will see later when 9.8 goes live or it gets 9.9time if it keeps being able to just use automatically

Hey guys, can someone please tell me how to fix this??? Its annoying the hell outta me coz I have pretty poor eyesight :frowning:

1 Like

([Tool] Grim Internals - #4758 by ftaru)

1 Like

grim dawn internals v1.107 is not compatible

same shet sad

Yes, it is compatible with v1.1.9.7. You have a legit copy of the game?

It would seem GI is having some issues with compatibility lately and GlockenGerda has (reasonably) moved on?

What are the features in GI that people absolutely cannot live without? This is not a promise that all your wishes will come true, as what a player-made utility does and what the official game should have are not always the same thing. :wink:

But we are willing to hear your thoughts on what, in your opinion, the essentials are.

8 Likes

better, more thick/visible health bars on mobs.
debuffs icons on heroes+ mobs (very cool and important)
teleports (this is one of the most important ones too)
also ability to see your OA/DA/buffs and debuffs on player.

3 Likes

I would say player bars and quick pick up were great QoL improvements that made the game feel more intuitive and smooth for me. Teleports were very handy for testing stuff out. Some debuff/buff timers info on the left felt a tiny bit like cheating but at the same time I donā€™t think itā€™s that criminal. Basically copy pasting the whole GI wouldnā€™t be a mistake, imo.

EDIT: The supper narrow hp bars native UI has to this day feel and look very unappealing to me. In general I like the look of the game despite it being really really old it still has some style and visual effects improvements over the years were really great (for that xBox release I guess but itā€™s not like I am complaining). But those hp bars just feel off to me, they are hard to read and just look whack to me, personally.

4 Likes

the cute critters!

for me what i use most from the non game breaking part (iā€™m assuming insta teleports to bosses are out of the question? :sweat_smile: )

dmg readout and breakdown, being able to see the various dmg types to confirm XY skill is indeed doing ā€œstuffā€, (and ofc effective dmg/dps)
the somewhat expanded auto loot range, itā€™s not much, but the extra increase in reach was actually nice
timers/number values on cooldown left like HP potion seconds remaining on bar, ā€œexpandedā€ temp buffs etc so you could see them before it was just 4secs left etc and was clearly defined (like deadly aim buff vs cooldown onset)

the loot ā€œalertā€ on specials like double rares and or lootbeam was also kinda cool, expected it to get old quick but didnā€™t really

1 Like

HP bars GI has are absolutely vital for endgame if you have lower than maxed out video settings. Native hp bars unfortunately arenā€™t readable in the crowded environment or in dark areas. Monster debuff icons are also really important.

Player buff/debuff trackers and dps breakdown are just nice QoL, donā€™t think they are vital.

From the game-altering things - wider pickup range felt much more modern.

Wider/thicker Health Bars for Players/Monsters please!

(the oneā€™s that are currently native to the game are way too skinny/thin/difficult-to-see)

The Potion cooldown timers were also a very nice addition.

• Those are def my two top ā€œmust-havesā€. Please and thank you sir :+1:

seems like quite a few donā€™t like the current HP bars, meanwhile i disabled the GI bars and used the ingame :thinking:
wonder if itā€™s a ā€œsimpleā€ thing of having enemy bars have a ā€œsliderā€ that increase size (without being tied to the default ui slider) ?

I would love this too but it seems obvious itā€™s not ā€œfairā€

However, another thing I would love is this feature (which is not particularly GI but is a kinda addition) is zooming in and out very close (for Fashion Dawn reasons).

Increased game speed by x3 times than normal. Titan Quest had this as far as I remember. Slowing things down would help a few people as well (for those who have slow reaction times) and ofc itā€™s for SP only unless you guys can bind it to the hostā€™s perspective and others will get the effect applied from there.

2 Likes

also being able to move character on main menu and do the black background thingy for those awesome poses and start contrasts
tho i think that was GI+grim cam combo? :thinking:

1 Like

Supporting GrimCam GrimCam GrimCam!
Afaik GrimCam wonā€™t work without GI (?) and I can absolutely not play the game anymore without it.
Please consider ā€¦ !!

4 Likes