[1.1.8.0] Albrecht the Mental - elemental AAR Mage Hunter, easy SR 80+

INTRODUCTION

I have noticed that there is no elemental AAR build on the forum. I had one theorycrafted so I decided to play it and as it is with every AAR build - it is good. It requires some greens. It works due to conversion of aether damage to elemental. For that I use Spelldrinker and Ugdenbog Waistguard. Other items are chosen for bonuses to AAR. I have two versions of this build. One with Ravager’s Dreadgaze and the other with Horns of Korvaak. They are practically similar in performance. Both use purple and green devotion path and both versions do SR 80 easily.

I have other laser builds here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my laser builds from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Albrecht the Leech – great build, aether AAR, powerful both offensively and defensively (quite tanky)

2. Albrecht the Chaotic – great build, chaos AAR, offensively noticably weaker than Leech, defensively a little weaker than Leech (this one is very tanky but slower)

3. Albrecht the Mental – great build, elemental AAR, offensively a little better than Leech, defensively noticably weaker than Chaotic

4. Albrecht the Tank – good build, fire AAR, offensively similar to Chaotic, defensively noticably weaker than Chaotic (but better than Mental)

5. Olexrian Judge – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, physical Obliteration, offensively noticably weaker than Chaotic, defensively noticably weaker than Tank

6. Judge Obliterator – good build, physical Obliteration, offensively a little weaker than Olexrian Judge (the weakest offensively of my laser builds), defensively a little better than Olexrian Judge (but a little weaker than Mental)

7. Albrecht von Frozenstein – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, fire AAR + OFF, offensively similar to Tank, defensively noticably weaker than Judge Obliterator

8. Albrecht the Freezer – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, fire AAR + OFF, similar to Frozenstein both offensively and defensively

9. Pierce Mage – OK build, pierce Obliteration, offensively a little better than Judge Obliterator (and a little weaker than Olexrian Judge), defensively a little weaker than Frozenstein

Version 1 - Ravager’s Dreadgaze

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9DE4n2

Crafting bonus on amulet is to slow resistance. Affixes on greens are mostly interchangable. Bonus to AAR from medal can be obtained by other means if necessary (legendary Ring of Tawrot).

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS 180k - 200k

base critical damage 40 % (80 % with procs and add AAR on top of it)

nice base OA above 3000 (above 3400 with Deadly Aim)

up to 55 DA reduction to enemies from Annihilation

build has decent elemental RR from Aura of Censure, Ravager’s Deathgaze, Word of Pain and Elemental Storm - up to - 82 %

damage from devotions - Elemental Seeker, Arcane Currents, Whirpools, Hyrian’s Glare and Elemental Storm

DEFENSE

OK life close to 13000 HP

base DA around 3000 (Arcane Will increases it more)

up to 55 enemy DA reduction from Annihilation

disrupt enemy skills from Aura of Censure

% damage absorption from Maiven‘s Sphere

flat damage absorption from Inquisitor’s Seal

% damage reduction from Aura of Censure

Prismatic Rage from component

lifesteal from AAR

OK physical resisitance 25 %

low armor around 1750

reasonably overcapped resistances

high CC resistances

Mirror of Ereoctes

Nullification

image from the game with passive buffs + Word of Renewal

Albrecht%20the%20Mental%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Inquisitor Seal, Word of Renewal, Deadly Aim and Elemental Imbalance

Albrecht%20the%20Mental%202

Version 2 - Horns of Korvaak

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1v94mZ

Crafting bonus on amulet is to slow resistance. Affixes on greens are mostly interchangable. Bonus to AAR from medal is necessary in this version (in the other it isn’t).

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS 170k - 190k

base critical damage 40 % (80 % with procs and add AAR on top of it)

nice base OA above 3000 (above 3400 with Deadly Aim)

up to 55 DA reduction to enemies from Annihilation

build has decent elemental RR from Aura of Censure, Word of Pain and Elemental Storm - up to - 72 % + Korvaak’s Vengeance

damage from devotions - Elemental Seeker, Arcane Currents, Whirpools, Hyrian’s Glare and Elemental Storm

DEFENSE

OK life above 12000 HP

base DA around 3000 (Arcane Will increases it more)

up to 55 enemy DA reduction from Annihilation

disrupt enemy skills from Aura of Censure

% damage absorption from Maiven‘s Sphere

flat damage absorption from Inquisitor’s Seal

% damage reduction from Aura of Censure

Prismatic Rage from component

lifesteal from AAR

OK physical resisitance 25 %

low armor around 1750

reasonably overcapped resistances

high CC resistances

Mirror of Ereoctes

Nullification

image from the game with passive buffs + Word of Renewal

Albrecht%20the%20Mental%203

image from the game with passive buffs + Inquisitor Seal, Word of Renewal, Deadly Aim and Elemental Imbalance

Albrecht%20the%20Mental%204

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

This build is doing SR 65-66 very easily. It can even do SR 80 easily. But physical hitters are dangerous, you can’t tank everything everytime, you have to reposition yourself sometimes. I don’t push my builds higher but it is possible with this build if you are a skilled player.

I don’t have a time number for Crucible because I don’t play it.

Images from SR 80

Version 1 - Ravager’s Dreadgaze

Version 2 - Horns of Korvaak

6 Likes