[1.1.8.1] Olexra the Freezer - freezing Spellbreaker with a shield, SR 65+

INTRODUCTION

The reason behind this build is to make The Mageslayer set work with a Wradlith’s Bulwark that gives bonuses to Olexra’s Flash Freeze. Build also has some cold procs from items that freeze enemies or have a chance to freeze enemies (rings and belt). I also use skills that can do this (Olexra’s Flash Freeze, Amarasta’s Blade Burst, Ring of Steel, Scourge Strike and Amatok’s Breath). Gameplay is using OFF and then rotating couple of nukes. SR 65-66 is relatively easy. Sometimes it can finish even SR 80 but not consistently.

I have other builds using OFF here. I have other shield builds here. I have other cold melee builds here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my Olexra builds from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Olexrian Luminari – great build, OFF + DW ranged elemental Beronath‘s Fury, offensively a little slower, defensively quite tanky (best of my OFF builds)

2. Olexrian Judge – great build, OFF + physical Obliteration and Judgment, offensively a little better than Olexrian Luminari, defensively weaker than than Olexrian Luminari

3. Olexra of Kalastor – great build, OFF + fire RoK and FoI, offensively a lot better than Olexrian Judge, defensively a little weaker than Olexrian Judge

4. Olexra the Freezer - great build, OFF + cold skills, offensively a little weaker than Olexra of Kalastor, defensively a little weaker than Olexra of Kalastor

5. Spinning Freezer – great build, OFF + fire EoR, offensively a little better than Olexra of Kalastor, defensively a little weaker than Olexra the Freezer

6. Olexra of the Sky – great build, OFF + cold TSS and Devastation, offensively a little weaker than Olexra of Kalastor (but better than Olexra the Freezer), defensively similar to Spinning Freezer

7. Olexra the Evil – great build, OFF + fire DEE, offensively a little weaker than Olexra the Freezer, defensively similar to Olexra of the Sky

8. Olexra of Vire – great build, OFF + fire Vire and Judgment, offensively a little better than Spinning Freezer (best of my OFF builds), defensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer

9. Olexra of Blackwater – great build, OFF + fire BC, offensively similar to Olexra of the Sky, defensively similar to Olexra of Vire

10. Albrecht von Frozenstein – good build, OFF + fire AAR, offensively a little weaker than Olexra of the Sky, defensively a little weaker than Olexra of the Sky (but better than Olexra of Vire)

11. Albrecht the Freezer – good build, OFF + fire AAR, offensively and defensively similar to Albrecht von Frozenstein

12. Olexra of Menhir – OK build, OFF + fire Aegis and Vire, offensively a little weaker than Olexrian Luminari (weakest of my OFF builds), defensively a little behind Albrecht the Freezer

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7mlEwN

Build uses one monster infrequent item - Wradlith’s Bulwark. Affixes are chosen for CDR and life. Other affixes can work as well. Alternative for shield is the Watcher of the Frozen North. Crafting bonuses on medal and helm are to slow resistance.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

OK crit damage 43 %

OK OA - around 2950 OA

100 DA reduction to enemies from OFF

big cold RR, up to -126 % RR from OFF, Elemental Storm, Veil of Shadow and Murmur + Hand of Ultos

DEFENSE

OK life above 13 500 HP

freezing even nemesis with OFF (because of full Mageslayer set)

OK DA - around 2950 DA

130 OA reduction to enemies from Veil of Shadow

lower physical resistance 17 %

OK armor around 2100

high CC resistances

maxed resistances with reasonable relatively decent overcap

% damage absorption from Maiven‘s Sphere

healing on standby from Pneumatic Burst

Mirror of Ereoctes

Nullification

Ghoul

GIant’s Blood on Arcane Will

Prismatic Rage from component

image from the game with passive buffs + Pneumatic Burst

Olexra%20the%20Freezer

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

This build does SR 65-66 relatively easily. Killing Kuba is slow but not difficult. You can sometimes finish SR 80 but not consistently (not with Moosi or Kuba).

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Image from SR 66

6 Likes

YESSSSSS. I love that shield, and i love flash freeze! Awesome to see a build utilizing the shield, seemed like a fun item to play with!

1 Like

Finally got around to trying this out. Really killer, even without the Wradlith shield. Thanks for putting this up.