3 posts were split to a new topic: Help/advice for my Saboteur
[Melee] [184.108.40.206] (g3) (c+) (sr+) (vid) Boatman of Styx — Bleeding Warder, CR <6m (Shoot2033)
- Damage: Bleeding, Physical
- Active Skills: Blade Arc, Savagery , Violent Delights, Devouring Swarm , Grasping Vines
- Passive Skills: Field Command, Primal Bond , Mogdrogen’s Pact, Whirling Blades, Counter Strike
- WPS Skills: Feral Hunger, Zolhan Technique, Upheaval
Today I’ve brought 2 similar builds - Templar and Dervish. Please add.
[Melee DW] [220.127.116.11] (g3) (c+) (sr+) (vid) Roxios, the Ascending - Fire Soulblade Virtue Templar (Sotnik)
- Damage: Fire
- Active Skills: Ascension, Righteous Fervor, Vire’s Might, Summon Guardian of Empyrion, Olexra’s Flash Freeze, Callidor’s Tempest, Mirror of Ereoctes, Nullification, Dark Desires
- Passive Skills: Divine Mandate, Presence of Virtue, Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange
- WPS Skills: Smite, Burning Void*2, Korvaak’s Brand
[Melee DW] [18.104.22.168] (g3) (c+) (s+) (vid) Roxios, the Ascended - Fire Soulblade Virtue Permascension Dervish (Sotnik)
- Damage: Fire
- Active Skills: Ascension, Righteous Fervor, Vire’s Might, Summon Guardian of Empyrion, Pneumatic Burst, Amarasta’s Blade Burst, Shadow Strike, Incorporeal Winds,
- Passive Skills: Divine Mandate, Presence of Virtue, Whirling Blades
- WPS Skills: Smite, Execution, Amarasta’s Quick Cut, Whirling Death, Belgothian’s Shears, Burning Void
And my previous submission can be updated with (sr+)
[2H Ranged] [22.214.171.124] (g3) (c+) (sr+) (vid) Skorkh, Railrocketshotgunner - 2H Ranged Fire Vortex Justicar Purifier (Sotnik)
- Damage: Fire, Aether
- Active Skills: Fire Strike, Thermite Mine, Flashbang, Inquisitor Seal, Word of Renewal, Nadaan’s Strike
- Passive Skills: Aura of Conviction, Flame Touched, Vindictive Flame, Flame of Gar’dal
- WPS Skills: Storm Spread, Bursting Round, Chilling Rounds, Lucky Shot*2, Blazing Fury
Even if i have 11 maxed out chars, i never had an 2Hand class and build. What do you recomand from this compendium for a (maximum g4 gear) build and also enjoyable leveling? I fought maybe some class paired with shaman?
- Nadaan Blademaster (pierce Blade Arc) - not on compendium. There’s a build by Firozo posted.
- Bloodrager Warlord (phys Blade Arc) - not on compendium. There’s a build by John Smith
- Bloodrager Witchblade (phys Blade Arc) - on compendium by mad lee.
As for Shaman I know 100% that Ultos build still works, but nothing was posted as of recent.
It is better to start a new thread I guess for requests
I guess 2H forcewave, both fire and physical Warlords
and “meme” build Cold Blade Arc spam
Now I noticed, that my Ultos Vindicator isn’t submitted But my vote will go to Stormreaver!
Hey, saw that the gear tags dont mention Craftable stuff like stoneplate greaves or conduits anymore. Do they get g3 tags or g4/g5?
[Caster] [126.96.36.199] (g3)(c+) (sr) (vid) EXPLOSION Caster Purifier(Tararihen)
- Damage: Lightning, Electrocute.
- Active Skills: Word of Renewal, Inquisitor Seal, Canister bomb, Thermite mine, Horn of Gandarr.
- Passive Skills: Deadly Aim, Aura of Censure, Blast Shield.
- WPS Skills: none.
I just want to point out that the link of the Auradin (by Belzzzz) goes to the Lightning Procadin (Paladin Section).
Hi! I have a few theoretical questions:
- Does sr+ mean “75 with no death” or “75 within the timer limits” or does not it matter?
- If a monster infrequent is sold at a merchant (and you can have good pefix and suffix rolls without farming), does it downgrade the “g” category of the build?
- If a build uses one monster infrequent, but with (intentionally) far-from-ideal suffix and prefix (only skill modifiers matter), will it downgrade the “g” category of the build?
- There is probably an answer to the 2 questions above: “(g3) – builds based around legendary items, possibly with epics and easy to obtain greens mixed in (ideally no green at all). MI’s are completely forbidden”. Therefore, the next question: why are MI discriminated if they are easier to obtain?
Nope, shopping MI’s are not treated differently.
Completing SR75 is enough, solo. How you did it is not of interest.
This has been discussed previously in this thread.
SR+ is the weirdest tag, you can put in compendium submissions. It indicates you passed 75th level. But since SR is lot random, you can finish 75 once every ten tries and have the same tag as build clearing 9 out of 10.
MIs are “discriminated” against because builds that use “far from ideal” MIs are a very rare exception - most of the time that MI is gd-stashed with bullshit affixes or a lucky drop over a big number of farm runs in Crucible. What’s worse is it isn’t black and white and between MIs with crap affixes and best case MIs there’s a large spectrum of “normal” MIs - from somewhat farmable in a week to rather lucky drops. There’s also a difference in standards. Some people call a budget MI what I would call a lucky find. To avoid (or at least minimize) the arbitry from my side on whether this MI is really budget or not the gear tag system is reasonably formalized. If it’s a build with at least one random drop legendary it’s a g3 build, even if the rest of items are faction gear. If a build has at least one random drop legendary and one MI it’s a g4 build regardless of affixes.
I did allow “budget” MIs in g1 and g2, but that was because I believe that someone who’s aiming for such a build would have enough wisdom to determine what kind of MI would make sense to include, and there aren’t many g1/g2 builds submitted anyway. As a result the extra load on me due to arbitry is pretty much non-existant.
g3 and g4 is a completely different business. While g1 and g2 is a beginner build category, so those who want their build to land there would want to make it cheaper. From g3 and onwards is a high end build category where people show off their results, they won’t be quite as shy when selecting affixes.
So no, MIs in g3 ain’t happening, I’m keeping it binary for my peace of mind.
This will be added to FAQ.
Perhaps, but I honestly don’t want to make a speedrun out of SR75 as it is now with Crucible. That’s ofcourse my personal view of it, so if enough people start pressing me I might review it. But that would mean a new Compendium thread ofcourse, since “all tags must mean the same across all submissions” is a cornerstone thing in my mind.
Conduits never were mentioned, for the compendium purpose it’s just another legendary, even if that particular combo of affix and prefix might be absolutely required. Badge of Mastery was mentioned in compendium before I laid my hands on it and it was classified as a g3 thing, since g3 allows legendary items by default I decided it’s not worth a mention.
Stoneplate Boots was something I indeed changed at some point.
- They were allowed before I took charge regardless of affixes (as a special mention similar to Badge of Mastery)
- When discussing tags here I learned that good stoneplates require thousands of them crafted, so perhaps double rare stoneplates should be g4
- Later I had a chat on that topic and for some reason it was harder to explain than I thought. Not the reason behind it but how to classify builds now.
- A question also arisen on whether a double rare stoneplates with one affixes you don’t care about should be g3 or not (yeah, same tune as budget MIs in g3)
- I decided it’s going to be a pain the the ass and reverted it to how it was before.
TL;DR Stoneplates are g3 regardless of affixes.
Double-checked explanation for (g3) in compendium, yeah I think in my pursuit for shorter text without redundant parts it became a bit confusing, so I’ll rewrite it to make it clear.
Thanks, will be fixed.
On your submitted builds - a bit behind the build adding schedule (last one I added is Shoot’s Boatman of Styx), everything will be added in a swoop tomorrow evening (EU one).
On leaderboard project - I’m putting it on hold for now. I’ve acknowledged the poll results, but I’m not a mood to make a new thread at the moment. The whole discussion on that a week ago was a bit draining to be honest, so my motivation took a hit, sorry.
On how we could make compendium better - I think mentioning activable component buffs like Presence of Might, Whirling Blades, Arcane Resonance or Aether-Ward should be abolished, because noone would be searching a build using these as keywords.
- Yes, abolish activable component buffs in submissions
- No, they should stay
[Melee/Caster] [188.8.131.52] (g3) (c+) (r+) (vid) Indra – Cyclone Shieldbraker, God of Thunder (Crucible 5:21) (Cinder)
- Damage: Lightning, Electrocute.
- Active Skills: Eye of Reckoning, Thermite Mines, Canister Bomb, Blackwater Cocktail, Ascension, Flashbang, Bloodthirster.
- Passive Skills: Divine Mandate, Presence of Virtue, Flame Touched, Vindictive Flame, Mogdrogen’s Ardor, Blast Shield, Resilience.
- WPS Skills: None.
Posting this in the hope that the build won’t fall apart completely after the next patch
Character screenshot is not included as of yet. Might add one tomorrow if I think about it
Voted for yes cause it’s a pain in the ass to typr but imo if the submission has it included you don’t have to remove them cause it’s just more work for you.
Conduit and g3-tag on this AAR Mage Hunter
I can find many more g3 builds with conduits. I might have misunderstood something from the quote above that if “for the compendium purpose it’s just another MI” all of these g3 tag builds should be g4?
So much new rules…
Why we can’t live like before?
Typo, meant to be “it’s just another legendary”.
A little follow-up about gear categories. If the build uses (but not relies on, just uses because it’s easy to obtain) a Ravager’s helm because it can reliably kill Ravager in 30 mins, does it put it in g4 or g3? Not really care about “discrimination”, i just want to put the right tag when the time comes. Reason i’m asking - the mask is MI but it has no random affixes to possibly build around.
edit: i do somewhat agree with Sotnik tho. in one of the instances of my build Kubacabra’s Chausses were basically BiS regardless of the affixes because Deadly Momentum is very hard to bump to the 22 rank otherwise and it has highly increasing returns by ranks.