Can Focused Gaze reduced Cooldown to 3.5s?

Regarding cooldown playstyles DEE,lt could use some love.
And in addition to burn damage, providing more support for other types of DoTs.

what other types of dots?
there is currently 3 types of “dot included damages” supported for DEE, Acid/Poison, Vitality/Decay, Fire/Burn, which is all supported/included in Focused Gaze
If you want other dot support you’d first need to create items for whatever dmg type you’re wishing/voice which dmg type you want DEE to support that isn’t currently?

as a personal note, i’d probably not be for lowering the cooldown; it’s gonna mess with devo procs, same as what happened to Callidor and Blackwater Cocktail,
4sec cd happen to be perfect for 25% chance triggers and above

1 Like

More for Poison, Decay
For cooldown playstyle, only burn damage offers playability.
However,even with burning,the playability of this playstyle is still mediocre.
Do you have any playable builds for cd DEE?

not true?
or rather why do you think that’s teh case?
poison items Search - Grim Dawn Item Database
decay items Search - Grim Dawn Item Database
heck Torzini straight up posted a CD aegis and CD DEE build [1.1.9.4] Walking Wasteland - poison Aegis/DEE Sentinel [SR 90] [All Celestials] [50 sec Crate kill]

*i think the main issue you have is just that DEE was/and is currently a semi mediocre skill overall, which means it doesn’t get “more” spectacular focusing in DoT,
but it’s probably more due to its inherent nature/skill flaw, than actual lack of specialized DoT itemization

quick search

might have missed one or two

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. But these builds do not meet my standards for a viable build.

Let’s be honest, DEE doesn’t meet many standards either. It’s one of “at least it’s not PRM” skills.

1 Like

sry but i don’t see how that’s relevant?
those builds clearly exists, and capable of performing X, your standards for what makes a build viable doesn’t really decide that
it’s clearly not an issue of DoT DEE itemization existing then…

yep, as i mentioned earlier, i think it’s probably more the case of DEE being an underwhelming skill in current GD (tbh seems like it has for a long time? :sweat_smile:) than DoT items lacking, so seems like DEE itself might deserve some treatment(s)

Maybe I just like those Top 20 builds.

that’s gonna be a big issue then, because those are more like outliers than the baseline performance expectation/avg balancing goal :sweat_smile:

if a good comparison example serves could take back when Crucible was used as default metric where dev’s set frame was 4.30-5.30 clear time, despite top builds clearing in sub 4

2 Likes

I made a flame DEE build that can get 1m+ dot ticks, and crit everything in the area for ~850k damage per cast. 850k damage on it’s own isn’t groundbreaking, but if the only thing I do is drop a DEE and some RR debuffs on an enemy, if they take that damage and the 500-600k DoT that comes from it, that lasts like 25 seconds… not too many attacks will deal 13m damage eventually from a single cast to everything that it hits, from a distance. :smiley:

Depends if you like hit ‘n’ run playstyles, or if you want something that can do all the superbosses etc.

Also, it is possible to spec for cooldown reduction and get significantly better DEE cast times… Sentinel, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (gets about 2.28s per cast, 1.28s with Time Loop proccing)

Or go a retaliation DEE build… Pyromancer, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

I think DEE is versatile. It has some limitations of course… but I think it allows for some fun builds, even if it’s unlikely to rival a typical warlord or pet build for speeds…

2 Likes

Broken link?:flushed:

Link seems to be fine. It’s to an incomplete build, but that’s part of my point - Even an incomplete build can get cast times right down for that skill :slight_smile:

Cooldown DEE is such a niche playstyle - you can’t go wrong with buffing it.

2 Likes