Grim Misadventure #56: What's New in B22

First, I’d like to say I appreciate all the work you’re putting into the game, and also the fact you’re finally enhancing the storage system.

However, I feel like the current “1 big personal stash + 1 small transfer stash” is an outdated mechanic, and serves no purpose besides virtually limiting the player’s storage capacity. Wouldn’t it be better and simpler to have an infinite chest ( we’d still have to buy additional pages though ) that is shared by all the characters ?

Having to rely on 3rd party applications to fully enjoy a game really sucks. :frowning:
I hated having to use TQVault, but I accepted it because I couldn’t expect any update to TQ with Iron Lore’s closure.

apparently you have not read the post you were quoting :wink:

Having to rely on 3rd party applications to fully enjoy a game really sucks. :frowning:

so you fall into the hoarder category of the three med mentioned - the only one yearning for an unlimited stash - no idea how big each group is, I tend to fall into that one with games I like too :wink:

Given that copying stashes is easy, I have no problem with the proposed solution, obviously having it all in game would be easier, but it is still a lot better than just about anywhere else, where you cannot switch stashes while in game…

Next chunk of content should give us a few more levels to play.

I have (several times), but English isn’t my mother language so maybe I’ve missed something… :o
It just felt like medierra was implying that we could just use 3rd part applications to fix our problems when he mentioned GDVault ( which isn’t even a thing AFAIK ) .

Well this game is all about collecting items, and in my humble opinion a lot of GD items, mainly epics, are worth keeping. It’s specially true with the dual mastery system which encourages people to create plenty of rerolls, so any item could be useful. And yeah I love collecting stuff and just look at it…

I do know copying stash files is easy, but having to mess with game files just feels plain wrong… I agree that the B22 changes will be a huge improvement from the current storage system, but it won’t fix it. It will just postpone the moment when I’m completely out of space.

Hoorah! More stash space. Thank God, now I might be able to find all those items for my Nightblades and Arcanist that I know I’ve got somewhere. :wink: And thank you for not making us pay again and again to get at the stash. That’s going to be a real relief to my virtual wallet.

Great news! And what do we know about the so-called ‘devotion’? Was it just an elaborate ruse from the devs (as I start suspecting)? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, you’re so right medierra.

I am like you, I love to keep my loot, but I really don’t want to be submerge by it.
I feel like you found the good compromise.
For me space wasn’t a problem because when I find an item or a build I like, I create it and so the char could stock himself the matching loot.
You can see them as mule, but not really because I play them occasionnaly when my mains are hight enought or for change (lvl 15 to 30 are not mule :wink: ).

There is not so much loot that you really need to keep (need != don’t want) :
Higher level green: if not higher level -> dismantle or sell
Higher level epic or very specific epic -> other dismantle or sell
You don’t need all the epic of the game, else it’s just for collection so using another appli to do so must not be a problem, you won’t use these items…

For component when you have too much of them, you can use crafting:

• to try to get better item
  • to get component of higher level.

Well GD give us a lot of option to not be submerge, we can offer a second live to the item we like by crafting, dismanbeling or selling them.

My only problem with space was the share stash because I have got a lot chars. But build 22 coming soon :slight_smile:

i agree with all you said. i just don’t see the point to add so little storage, what’s the purpose ? because the problem is already answered by the “wait for the mod/manage your stash files” things. B22 won’t solve anything in this regard. if you’re a hoarder like much of us it won’t be enough, if not the current storage stash should be sufficient.

i mean, we won’t have a loot manager in GD, so be it, it doesn’t matter that much imho. increasing the shared stash space is better than increasing the characters personal stash i think. but i just don’t understand the current limitation, it’s just seem too low. ok, maybe not now, but when the legendaries will start to drop…

No it’s what turns YOU off. Please don’t try to make your post sound more important than other peoples posts as if you are speaking for anyone other than yourself. You are giving your view, not that of all players, you sure as hell have never asked me as a player what my view is, or asked if you represent my view. :furious:

I do agree that personally I find too much storage a total pain as I spend more time faffing about looking through it, keeping things I never end up using.

This is one reason that around 80% of my chars play as pure self found.

The only bit of storage I would love to see either expanded, or changed to allow stacking of items is simply the components, due to the fact that I feel these need more to be kept, for the crafting side of things.

Still Zantai has explained why this hasn’t happened, so I appreciate this.

Keep up the good work Crate and much appreciate the clear and reasoned replies. :smiley:

Really? I’d have thought those people are in the minority, by a long way. If it were the case TQVault and the like wouldn’t be so popular and a “mandatory” addition to the game.

tongue half in cheek So because you and a few others are full of self loathing at your inability to stop your hoarding instincts you take that option away from those of us that get a real kick out of it and really enjoy looking at and sorting our stuff?!:stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, how would having infinite stash available to those of us who want that option, say via an iron bits sink, make any difference to those who wont use it or dont like keeping a lot of stuff? To use an oft quoted cliche, Just dont use it then! :smiley:

I’d prefer not to have to resort to downloading a “hack” or mod to add a feature that could (and dare I say should) be a feature in the game. :undecided:

I just started playing this game today and one of the first things I noticed was the annoyance of manually combining components. I’m glad to see this will be addressed in the next update!

Cool game so far, happy to support it.

Ugh, anyone else feeling some pressure buildup? At first I thought maybe it was a headache, but…

looks at microtransactions
unzips fly

Not in my GD.

let it flow

Could be a sticker on the back of some rednecks Chevy, methinks. Just maybe.

::sorry Nayza, nicest way I could put that. The other option involved my Louisville slugger but we don’t need to go down that road.

I wholeheartedly agree with this post.

I totally understand that some people don’t care about loot hoarding, but how would it affect them if we had an infinite stash ?
Non-hoarders won’t use the feature, nothing changes for them.
Hoarders will (ab)use it and have fun swimming in their loot pool.
Everyone is happy ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Again, I’m enjoying the game a lot, and truly appreciate your team’s dedication to it, but I really think you aren’t going the right way with this. And keep in mind it affects the main feature of any H&S game : the loot.

Soooo… would there be a possibility for you to update the storage as planned in B22, that is expanded stash with new tabs for free, BUT still give players the option to buy as many additional tabs/pages as they want for iron ?

Pretty please ? :3

Would you say no to this kitten ?

Would you !?

There is a population out there (with me in it) that cannot prevent the hoarding, even though I do not want to be hoarding so much. I had to stop playing TQ at one point (and also ditched many other games from BL2 to PoE) just because I amassed a level of loot that was too large to use and its existence frustrated me and made me quit the game. Inventory management is not fun IMO. And even if you want to label me a non-hoarder, with an infinite stash, I can see myself no longer selling much of the stuff I find that looks good, even though I have no idea what to do with it.

Anyway, this is my opinion, it is different that yours obviously, but I think I am not alone in feeling that infinite storage is not just a checkbox in a settings menu you can ignore. So the devs are not, IMO, hurting you and helping no one by limiting storage. There is a group of players that prefer to play the game and find the loot than stockpile and manage, but still fall into the trap of thinking, “well, I will keep this in case I even build a toon based on poison and lightning…”.

Funnily enough, I recognized myself in you self-description… except I actually have fun managing the loot. And my TQVault is actually filled with poison/lightning items “just in case” :p.

Call me a weirdo.

I understand your point of view, though.

I assumed you did, since you quoted it, but ignored the points he was making, which essentially are

• not everyone is a hoarder who needs an infinite stash, having one leads to clutter and too much time spent organizing stuff they will never use for most people, simply because they can store so many things instead of being more reasonably limited
  • it takes away immersion if you have the same ‘unique’ 20 times over. While today you can have it multiple times, you usually only keep the better one, restoring the uniqueness

I do know copying stash files is easy, but having to mess with game files just feels plain wrong… I agree that the B22 changes will be a huge improvement from the current storage system, but it won’t fix it. It will just postpone the moment when I’m completely out of space.

if will for all hoarders :wink: I also will have to keep several stashes around, but at least that number goes down

Thanks for explaining your reasoning. It does not make sense to me, but it’s your game not mine.

I will end up using GDVault if one ever gets made. I’d rather not but if there is no in game solution I’ll have to. I tried to use the ‘blank mules’ option in the trading thread and ended getting a virus trying to DL the 7z software. Just explaining why I’m pushing for an in game solution. I screwed up my pc (and never got the mules) trying to do my own solution.

I like the idea someone posted of four shared stash tabs with the ability to buy more with in game currency. Make them fairly costly so people who want bigger stashes can work for them, and those that don’t want them don’t feel compelled to buy them.

Here’s looking forward to GDVault I guess~

Alright, thanks a lot for explaining. I do understand medierra’s point now , and I sadly have to admit it makes sense.

Guess I’ll do like the guy above me and wait for an eventual GDVault release. :frowning:

With very subjective, psychologically driven things like this, it is pretty common for people to assume that their viewpoint, which makes sense to them, must be the majority, as opposed to another view that is incomprehensible or even seems absurd. I’ve certainly been guilty of this with other things and as a designer, I sometimes can’t understand certain player desires / behavior myself and have to just accept, based on observation, that it exists and that sometimes I’m the minority. IT is especially easy to hold these views when your experience is that of an online community, which may possess a greater concentration of players that share your view.

If you look at titanquest.net though, the thread on TQVault shows that the attachment has been viewed 3996 times. That’s a pretty small number compared to the 93,375 forum members, which in turn is small compared to number of TQ copies sold, which is probably between 1,200,000 to 1,500,000 by now. I’m sure TQVault has probably been downloaded more than what is shown in that thread but even assume 5 or 10 times as many people downloaded it, that’s still a very small portion of the audience.

Seriously, how would having infinite stash available to those of us who want that option, say via an iron bits sink, make any difference to those who wont use it or dont like keeping a lot of stuff? To use an oft quoted cliche, Just dont use it then! :smiley:

The problem is, no one ever “just doesn’t use it”. There are many instances in games of features, intended or accidental, that detract from player enjoyment but which people feel compelled to use if they exist. For instance, attack exploits that can give you an increase in damage output for rapidly clicking both mouse buttons - this quickly becomes tiring and can even hurt people’s fingers but they will feel compelled to do it knowing it is advantageous. To stop taking advantage is to feel like you are not playing the best you can, which diminishes self-satisfaction.

I’d prefer not to have to resort to downloading a “hack” or mod to add a feature that could (and dare I say should) be a feature in the game. :undecided:

Naturally everyone would prefer that the game just be designed specifically for their own preferences rather than not but we have to try to find a compromise that will provide what we believe is the best experience for most players. For the cases where we can’t find a suitable compromise for everything, we allow modding. This is exactly the type of situation modding is meant to resolve.

I wish we could find a way to please everyone but sometimes we run into a conflict and we have to make a tough choice. Without a publisher to constrain us, we should at least be more able to support the modding community.

Medierra, any chance you or one of the other devs could look at my reply a few pages back to Zantai re: multiplayer loot and monster-worn items (MIs in particular):

I really hope it’s something that’s addressed before release as I’m afraid GD is going to fall into the same trap D3 did that effectively killed that game for me.