Mysterious uptick in sales since Nov 2nd...

Can’t figure out why but but daily sales have almost doubled since last Friday…

It’s not really a very significant amount of additional sales in the grand scheme of things, unless it goes on for lot longer but still surprised it’s actually noticeable.

I’ve missed you. Will search the internet for the answer, nothing so far.

edit 1 Found this for Nov 2: https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-4-path-of-exile
Not sure how popular they are though but mentions Grim Dawn super early in the article.

edit 2 apparently they get like 10mil website visits a day. Some might have trickled to Grim Dawn from the mention. https://www.similarweb.com/website/pcgamesn.com
Searches for Grim Dawn seem to be up around that time as well, though data is incomplete atm: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=grim%20dawn&geo=US

Not sure what happened, but it is mirrored at google.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%203-m&geo=US&q=grim%20dawn

I was just being coy about it being a mystery… the timing overlaps pretty closely to other recent events. :wink:

At least, that’s my best guess

swish right over my head. Well the thought of it occurring because of Scamablo Immoral came to mind I google searched the wrong stuff and got the date of the announcement wrong. You are correct, that announcement was exactly on November 2.

Noice. Have you thought about running an Ad-campaign that pokes fun at the other game’s announcement? Now might be a good time to capitalize on that bad PR move.

If not my plan was to personally write a kind letter to every single gaming website and rpg youtuber I could find and talk about all that you guys have accomplished with such a small team.

Madierra is alive? I thought Crate members buried you alive to get all the income from GD. :stuck_out_tongue:

You are most likely as rare as a shiny pokemon in the early games. :]

No idea, medierra is though :wink:

Edit… Well done Crate and may it continue :smiley:

I know the answer to your query, actually.

Friday was Blizzcon…

Which was a bit of a disaster for Blizz. If you go and check your Recent Steam reviews…

… you will find many, many of them are making Diablo Immortal references and how “At least GD isn’t mobile”.

Quandary solved as it appears you are getting some of the debris of people “jumping ship”, so to speak :wink:

Edit: Reading down further I see that you suspected it. As far as I’m concerned tho this is precisely the reason and I had noticed the reviews some days ago and put 2 and 2 together and actually mentioned in a thread that GD sales were likely getting a bump as a result.

Edit: Reading down further I see that you suspected it. As far as I’m concerned tho this is precisely the reason and I had noticed the reviews some days ago and put 2 and 2 together and actually mentioned in a thread that GD sales were likely getting a bump as a result.

I don’t think there’s many people who don’t know the failure of Blizzcon by now… Lol.

Indeed. It’s everywhere. I’m of two minds of it really. I don’t care for Blizzard these days but this particular issue I think was way overblown by knee-jerk SJW (it’s an idealogy that has infected our times) reactionists. IMO the only people that have a right to be upset by this are the people who paid to attend Blizzcon. Everyone else is unaffected in reality, it isn’t like this is going to somehow affect their precious D4 development, the blubbering morons.

The worst mistake Blizz made was announcing it as basically the BIG announcement to a bunch of PC fanatics. Dumb move on their part but otherwise not world-ending.

Buuut… bad for Blizz (even tho I’m sure they’ll survive the blowout), good for Crate I suppose. This whole internet mob mentality thing we got going on these days is fascinating. It was hilarious during the Paid Mod scandal, it’s still hilarious here.

Right over your head. adoomgod you were actually chatting in the dev stream on Friday when Blizzcon starting was mentioned. How could you not make the connection? :smiley:

Thanks for posting that Medierra. And nice to know you’re not buried in the new town builder game’s graveyard. :wink:

Argh… I’ve been ‘patiently’ waiting for more news on all that medea. I’m actually pretty hyped for it and can’t wait to hear more. Will be interesting indeed to see what they can do outside of the diablo-sphere.

Cue in Grim Dawn Immortal announcement here

jk :wink:

Latest info was in the 5th October stream:

"kobrao :hows new project going @Medierra
Medierra :I think we’re getting close to being able to show more / announce the new game but we don’t have a website / marketing art or anything else set up… so much peripheral stuff you have to do beyond just making the game

drazac :so is the new game a city builder, or is it a strategy with city building elements
Crank9000 :Has there been any info what genre the new game is? There was talk about some kind of RTS around year ago or so
Medierra :its a town-builder with an optional combat element

genericvillain :Is it confirmed that their new project has anything to do with grim dawn?
Medierra :new project is not related to Grim Dawn

CepheidSauron :Any new projects you guys are working this year, except for the expansion?
Medierra :“new” project, which is about 2 years old now, is a town-builder done in Unity though… then we’ll be starting something else soon"

I am so happy for Crate and medierra. Now dont please dont rest on your laurel. Release a free to play weekend on Steam right now so everyone will get to try Grim Dawn and will eventually buy.

And also please have it in your plans to release Grim Dawn Immortal Throne DLC where we fight a dark fallen knight paladin in a snowy area to constrast the deserts of FG:cool:

Hmm… that is interesting.

“then we’ll be starting something else soon”

If I had to guess “soon” means once they wrap up FG and the Xbone port. So, two new projects in the pipeline, the town-builder obviously, and something else.

Well, pretty obvious I’d say. They want to keep the team busy and not just sit on their yachts drinking tri-beers all the time. Well, okay maybe they do.

Medierra has said they’ve got ideas for other games, some GD related.

Sounds like it’s all working as intended. :slight_smile:

Actually, not that obvious. For the most part we have zero knowledge of the town-builder except one screenie and some words that it is a town-builder. We have no idea how big a project it is or anything. If it wasn’t for that above quote I would have just assumed everyone working on FG and not the town-builder would have simply switched over to the town-builder once FG and any post-release patches were taken care of.

Very interesting that they are going to now tackle two simultaneous games with a team of 14 (tho I kinda suppose that’s what they’ve been doing for a little bit now).

Originally Posted by medierra
You’ll also be hearing about at least one totally new project in the next year though.

That little bit right there flew under everyone’s radar then at the time he wrote that, assuming he meant the town-builder and not “something else”.

The funny thing about today is PR can be had in so many ways.

Mr Bruno, behind three beers at a bar, claiming to be getting ready to play GD on mobile. Then add a great twist, something better than just loading twitch on the phone for example and hope it goes viral on yt/reddit/etc. Free PR from the expensive fuckup of an AAA-PR team.

Maybe too late for this wave, as the public has an attention span of about 3 days max, but might be something to have on hand for next time, as we all know there WILL BE a next time.

MODERATION NOTE: I assumed this morning this thread was in a private forum section, but I see now this is public. Some previous posters should go back and edit some content that violates forum guidelines, I do not want the RED vs BLUE idiocy to invade this forum, especially not on a positive, developer initiated thread. Rip on Blizzard all you want, but lets not bring US politics into this thread.

Zzz fine… don’t have to be a jerk about it jiaco. Wasn’t even slanted one way or the other.

Good idea actually. Might even go viral. Get him in an ugly xmas sweater and a santie claus hat, slam the beers, burp, whip out phone to play some mobile GD. But oh, wait, that’s not GD. It’s TQ! Phew. Bullet dodged. <–Note: will pay Blizzcon prices to see this skit made real

Haha, no… well… I mean, yeah, we thought about it but quickly decided to keep it classy and not be jerks by capitalizing on another dev’s bad week. :wink: