[1.1.7.2] Beginner's Scorching Ray Templar

I did Sorcerer and Templar but I think that Mage Hunter will be the best. I am sure that someone has posted a Mage Hunter on the forum.

What about Physical Templar and Mage Hunter? Would you or @Duchy mind saying what the pros/cons are of each?

Definitely Templar. There is also such build on the forum.

1 Like

Templar has more resistance removal, inquisitor only has it by using conduit amulet (but there you probably want something else…)

@ ULVAR i didnt say that its because of the guide. Its just my opinion that off isnt the rigt skill at the beginning. I allmost made no dmg with it at the end of flooded Passage. I started the Albrechts aether ray guide from david allen and i rushed through act 1. and im now at the end. I just need to kill Krieg. And it was so easy with this guide. Everybody has its own Playstyle.

To be fair it is the fireblast component skill you use in act 1…

Just for the record - is this what you’re following?

Yes and thats realy much easier for me till now…

Sorry, but it is beyond my understanding.

Okok but no war because of that :slight_smile: Your other guide i played also was very easy :slight_smile: so everythings fine. Im 21 now. We all just want to play and have fun.

1 Like

Krieg dropped a very great shield when i killed him with your apex Knight. Wait i will look which it was

Watcher of the frozen North :slight_smile: But after respeccing OFF maybe thhis shield is not the best choice… i will see

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gQdqgZ

Great guide like always. Leveling was a blast. The Idea with the conflagration relic is great.
Me is Level 94 at homestead in ultimate right now will start farming totems now until I got the needed relics blueprint to craft hexflame and switch to AAR.

Is there a AAR set I can use later with the Templar?

No, there’s no fire AAR set in the game. Same as lightning AAR, fire AAR just uses either some other fire set for elementalist (Pyran, Iskandra) or non-set items.

but its strong enough without a “real” set to do what? How far can we go? also what content I can more or less easy farm lateR?

At the very least it can do SR65.

1 Like

Some builds, even with full set-support, perform poor.
Other builds, even without set, perform very good.

With right gearing I see no problem that a fire AAR templar can farm SR 75-76 in ultimate.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwGXRjZ sketch I made, which I based on adoomgods sorc [1.1.4.0] Xiuhtecuhtli the God of Fire AAR [c+][sr75+] - Sorcerer I did play similar as presented above a few patches ago it felt strong as any other AAR build (save for aether spellbinder which is in its own leauge)

Edit: dragon beat me to it

1 Like

Does the part about Piercing to fire conversion still actual? Bat seems to have a lot more Vitality damage than pierce.

naked max level proc

average vitality damage is 174,5

is that “a lot” more?

also, what else are you gonna use as belt? :slight_smile: Pierce to fire is easier to find on gear than vitality to fire conversion.

Btw Dragon:

This should have purple text right?

Indeed, will fix later today.

1 Like