2 mods its possible?

I would like to know if it is possible to join 2 mods in one game, for example, join the mod to increase EXP (smash n grab) with the mod to increase the amount of classes to play (dawn of masteries) with both at the same time. If possible, please tell me how to do it.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, it’s possible; DoM itself is a compilation of several different mods. Tutorials on learning how to mod the game can be found here.

Running 2 mods at the same time

Instruction
  • copy mod_name.arz (from Grim Dawn\mods\mod_name\database)

• but rename it to database.arz

• put it in Grim Dawn\mods

• so basically copy two levels higher and with a name change to database.arz
    • also copy all .arc files (if your mod has any) there from the mod folder without changing their name

• make a shortcut to Grim Dawn .exe you’re using, this can be:

• 64 bit Grim Dawn from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\x64\Grim Dawn.exe

• Grim Internals from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\GrimInternals64.exe

• 32 bit Grim Dawn from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Grim Dawn.exe

• add /basemods (preceded with one space) as argument to the shortcut:
    lazy_launch

• you can optionally rename this shortcut so that you known it launches modded Grim Dawn

• launch the game from the shortcut

Then you run the other mod in a standard way (by Custom Game).

If the mods do change the same files / cannot be run on top of each other this way, you need to get into some serious modding action and learn it.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, but it wasn’t clear to me. Could you explain it to me again?

The standard way of modding called soft-modding is making a mod that you run by playing Custom Game. Obviously you can run only 1 mod at the same time this way.

There’s also hard-modding that runs a mod in all games, included normal Campaign, game launches modded in advance, it is its default state, and then you can run a 2nd soft Custom Game mod on top of it.

I was suggesting you to try if it works with your mods and gave you an instruction how to do it because it’s simpler than merging mods, doesn’t require you to get into modding.

1 Like

Is it possible for someone to create a mod that combines the Dawn of masteries and the smash n grab in just one, to play at the same time?

Have you checked “Lightweight Mod for speeding up …” theres a DOM version called nonlight weight thats cool. Its not quite what your asking but…

Are you asking whether it can be done or whether someone is willing to do it (for you…) ? The answers to that are yes and no, in that order :wink:

hi, when you say quoted “copy two levels higher and with a name change on database.arz” I don’t understand where I have to copy the mod in question (X) if inside your mod folder (UI X-Mod), or in his (X) or all mods folder?

when you say “two levels higher” I get lost, 2 levels of what?

1 Like

I wrote to copy + rename to “Grim Dawn / mods” which is 2 levels higher than “Grim Dawn / mods / MOD_NAME / database” in the context of folder tree structure:

1 Like

so: I take Grim Dawn / mods / MOD_NAME / database I rename the file.arz in the database and put it with all its relative folders and .arc inside your mod Grim Dawn \ mods \ Grim UI X-Mod or in Grim Dawn \ mod?

You copy .arz and .arc’s to Grim Dawn / mods but also rename .arz (that is in Grim Dawn /mods now) to database.arz

you don’t rename it there ,don’t modify anything in your specific mod folder, just copy from it to main mods folder

2 Likes

ok, what about the “database” and “resources” folders of the mod in question? do I leave them there?

1 Like

following your instructions, I finally succeeded, I added your mod to Smash N Grab Unchained, thank you very much

1 Like

@tqFan Ok so question: I’m trying to set Smash n’ Grab as the ‘base’ mod here. I placed the mod’s .arz file in Grim Dawn/mods. Do I just place the .arc files (and subsequent folders) in the mods folder as well?

Grim Dawn/mods

database.arz
Quests.arc
Big Caravan.arc
/Big Caravan folder
/Quests folder

like this?

yes .arcs should be in mods folder but these folders won’t work for sure but I cannot know what to do with them / what’s in them as I don’t have this mod downloaded and it’s no longer on Nexus

Nexus is just down for maintenance right now which is making things annoying. But I’ll try just moving the files out of the folders and see if that works

Bit of a new guy at modding Grim Dawn, but what if you wanna merge a mod that has no .arz or .arc files and it’s just meshes and textures? I’ve seen someone combine [MOD] Hairstylist - a barber in town! as well as [MOD] Change the character appearance patch for Grim Dawn v1.1.9.X(GDx2), but I’m at a loss as to how to make them both work together. The second mod doesn’t seem to work with custom mods (or atleast the first mod), and glitches out the default hair while the face is overwritten. I get that visual mods aren’t the biggest draw or reason to play Grim Dawn, but I do still want a nicer looking character.

I’m more than willing to do the work myself and I may even be a bit dumb or missing an easy solution, but none of the guides out there have been of much help so far.

This seems to suggest the hairstyles (helmet illusions) overwrite the face :thinking: not sure how you’d fix that, probably not the easiest