The purpose of this thread is to compile all guides and suggested routes/ways of getting often desired resources in GD. I am simply setting up the framework for now. Feel free to suggest specific components you think merits a farming guide if it isn’t already listed.
I am calling on all players to help contribute so we can actually get some people testing runs. For now I’ll simply list generally suggested places and a few specific routes, but ideally we’ll end up having images with a drawn route through the map that is optimized for specific goals. Check “Ugdenbloom” to see what I’m aiming for.
I will need your help to get this compilation finished and optimized for the community!
CLICK BELOW TO REVEAL INFO
- Dynamite is extremely useful, so farming and crafting a nice reserve is a good idea. You can use dynamite to open treasure troves which give you rare components, sometimes epic-legendary quality drops, rare crafting materials, and a large amount of iron bits. You can use them to dismantle items, and dismantling epics-legendaries is a great way to get loads of scrap + rare crafting materials (and dismantling is pretty cheap!). They can be crafted at the homestead blacksmith for 1 aether shard, 1 scavenged plating, 1 searing ember and 5000 iron bits. 1 aether shard can be crafted from 3 aether crystals and 1000 iron bits. This is a great way to stack up on extra dynamite. Just make sure you don’t use up all your scavanged platings, searing embers, and crystals because plenty of craftable items need them.
- Farming in multiplayer is way more efficient than farming alone. Fun trick: Play with friends and turn off instanced loot. Then SPLIT UP and farm different areas for what you individually need. The drop rate is multiplied for you, and monsters only have slightly more hp than they would in singleplayer. This is a great way to stack up legendaries if you’re all sporting top tier builds. You could each do separate challenge dungeons for example, and end up with an extreme pool of legendaries. If this isn’t clear I will make it clear: Turn off instanced loot. Play with a friend. Have your friend solo SoT while you solo Ancient Grove. You both will be getting double the loot. Note that in ultimate 4 players monsters only have effectively 50% more hp. So for less than a 50% reduction to clear speed (You tend to overkill trash mobs so it’s probably closer to 10-20%) you get 4x the gear. Insane trick.
- In the Necropolis you can use the blacksmith there to convert one crafting mat to another for a small price. This can actually be efficient for your immediate needs, or even farming in general.[/li]
- Don’t go out of your way to kill trash units, focus on the route and killing hero or boss creatures you find on it.
Use Dynamite to dismantle epics and legendaries at the inventor in Devil’s Crossing. Trust me, more efficient over all then chasing loot containers. Though if someone finds an amazing route let me know.
Stirring Hive (Near Rocky Coast) or Swarming Hive (near Twin Falls). No guide needed though testing to see which is better would be nice. You can go to the ancient grove to get some while also hunting manticore eyes, ugdenblooms, some other crafting mats and some great MI’s.
- General farming directions: Always kick junk piles in bandit areas as they have a chance to drop dynamite, and focus bandit heroes/bosses.
- Probably more efficient over-all to focus on other runs and pick up dynamite as you go, and craft dynamite at homestead from all the excess aether crystals, scavenged plating and ember you pick up.
- MephySix: You get 3-5 dynamites from Cronley’s Hideout on ultimate. Moneybags drops 1-2, there are two guaranteed spots (I think?), and you can get it from destroying the Scrap Piles environmental thing. It can also be called “multipurpose” because of the many heroics + maybe Fabius.
- Fort Haron has 2 guaranteed dynamites on the floor, can get there pretty quick from the blood grove rift. An especially decent run if you need to farm up Kymon Rep/Death’s Vigil infamy.
- Efficient but boring way might be to rush into Staunton Mine and rushing to the middle where the 1 guaranteed dynamite spawn.
- Burning Cellar in Act 6. Nets 1-2 sticks. Also boss is relatively easy and lots of component chests. Might get Krieg boots too.
- Weyu’s long run: Cronley -> Hanneffy Mine -> Staunton Mine.[There’s a guaranteed spawn in the 2nd mine as well, and the boss there always drops a Scrap or a Dynamite himself.
- Decent chance to find Fabius as well. North and north-west from the Dynamite spawn in Cronley’s are 2 spots where junk piles can spawn (where the wasps are), killing the wasps and hives there give Battered Shells and Serrated Spikes too.
- Dynamite/Crystal vendor farming by Weyu: Sometimes when I need multiple types of materials, I rotate between the Steelcap vendor and Isaiah in Homestead. Steelcap guy gives most of the stuff you need to craft Dynamite (and sells a variety of MIs), and Isaiah has some rare components but is mostly used to reset the Steelcap vendor.
- Directions for all Ugdenbloom routes: Ignore trash mobs. Focus on killing heroes and opening tree stumps.
- http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61059 (use route 2)
- I like the one Flavorious listed there as well:
- You could do Ancient Grove if you have skeleton keys to spare. It will get you more legendaries/epics to dismantle, lots of hero mobs in general to drop Ugdenblooms and coveted Wendigo Spirits.
- mad_lee route: “Best route [according to mad] is from Gloomwald Crossing rift, first turn to the left, keeping going that road on the left edge of the map until you reach Caraxxus Foul lair, collect two stumps on your way, go just a little bit to the right - there is always an ornate chest there (sometimes heroic) with quite a few Ents spawning (sometimes heroes). Then go to Caraxxus Foul lair, and you can sometimes find some more Ent heroes (and get a drop from Caraxus). Fast and easy and you can combine it with Caraxxus Foul bonty if you need rep/infamy.”
- Stupid Dragon’s route:
- Weyu run with fun shrine trick: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57405
- https://www.reddit.com/r/Grimdawn/comments/b9nvqo/forgotten_gods_56_purple_boss_run_with_up_to_3/ Good Eldritch Essence Route
- Past a certain point in SR (Shattered Realm) you are basically guaranteed an eldritch essence, and in higher shards you often get 2. 1 essence is just enough to help you break even to make more SR checkpoint waystones in crafting, but in multiplayer this is a reliable way to get lots of eldritch essences (since at least one will drop per player), legendaries, and other crafting resources.
Aether Crystals & Shards
- If you’ve got skeleton keys to spare and are strong enough to breeze through, Port Valbury will give you a shit ton of crystals. This is might be less efficient than the route below for specifically crystals, due to to the time taken running to port Valbury, fighting bosses, etc. But it will net you more resources overall, and well as a bunch of legendaries to sell and dismantle. So for general purposes Valbury is probably superior.
- The Immolation - ~16 Aether crystal monsters densely packed together, and also 2 dynamites which spawn at the end of the run , alongside 2 strongboxes / 1 small box and 1 heroic chest. Should be tested at some point vs the southern route of the Warden Lab run. If you ignore the boss here it might compete in efficiency, and even if it’s a bit worse the other rewards still make it worth mentioning because overall it’s more rewarding than the southern Warden Lab route.
- Warden’s lab -> Devotion Shrine South of Warden’s Lab, 13 crystals. This might be a little less efficient than the above route, but it’s safer if you hate dmg floor.
- Malmouth outskirts portal clockwise path to Shrine. Nets 8 crystals.
- Dynamite/Crystal vendor farming by Weyu: Sometimes when I need multiple types of materials, I rotate between the Steelcap vendor and Isaiah in Homestead. Steelcap guy gives most of the stuff you need to craft Dynamite (and sells a variety of MIs), and Isaiah has some rare components but is mostly used to reset the Steelcap vendor.[/ul]
- Shaded Basin run for Bloodbriar / Gloomweaver / Bloodfeast
- Royal hive or TF hive
Tainted Brain Matter
- I feel like there surely must exist a better way to get Tainted Brain Matter. Maybe farming a different material and converting it at the Necropolis is more effective.
- Tainted Brain Matter farming sucks. Farm Blood of Chthon’s instead and convert at the Necropolis.
- Feel free to pick up crystals along the way. Make sure you kill Zembrant and Gethrand before the Warden.
Blood of Ch'thon
- Depraved Sanctuary
- Any Chthonic Rift
Need testers to find best route
Chthonic Seal of Binding
- Blood Grove portal, immediately cross bridge and bee-line to Darkvale village boss. Very fast with any AoE and nets 1-5, usually 2+ each time.
- Mephysix: run Darkvalle Village for Chtonic Seal of Binding, because there are a better cultist-to-chtonic ratio, and most of the time Zaria will drop one (45% Seal and 11.25% Blood at level 100, according to GrimTools).
- Darkvale Rift all the way through to Karroz. Focusing on heroes/bosses and ignoring trash mobs as usual.
- Tomb of the Watchers might be decent if you want to farm blood and seals at the same time
- istealpylons: For cthonic seals, I personally like running tomb of korvaak. More spawns of those guys that summon/have red glowing rods, which I find drop the seals more often then not. Restart the run when you no longer see bloodsworn and only see ghosts/ghouls.
- hammyhamster: Tougher character and ultimate only: edge of reality run to chests. Usually nets one or two. Also can net various others such as Bloods, etc. (hybrid run for blood and seals)
- Pine Barren Portal -> Jagged WasteFocus on Mogara and Manticore Heros. Alphas have a small chance to drop. You can ignore trash mobs.
- You can get a few in the Immolation from aether corrupted manticores. So it’s a much inferior run to the above, but if you want to focus on aether crystals and get some manticore eyes here and there, this is a choice.
- You can go to the ancient grove to get some while also hunting royal jelly, some other crafting mats and some great MI’s.
- You could try your luck running Galakros, the Mountain in Malmouth Sewers which has a lot of heros + lets you farm his MI.
- Fleshworks is okay for Mutagen as well as these Missives.
- Missives have a chance to drop from Ascended Human and Aetherial Fleshshaper Heroes and Bosses.
- Can also be purchased for 1 Aetherial Mutagen from Gaius Ember - Burning Smith in the Malmouth Outskirts or purchased from Kaylon - Forgemaster in the Steelcap District for 6 Tainted Brain Matter and a Polished Emerald.
- Fleshworks is okay for Mutagen as well as these Missives.
- Mutagens have a chance to drop from Aetherial Corruption, Aetherial Bloater, Aetherial Imp and Aetherial Colossus bosses and Heroes.
- Don’t farm these. Just convert Aetherial Missives into Wendigo Spirits at Gaius Ember - Burning Smith in the Malmouth Outskirts.
- You could do Ancient Grove if you have skeleton keys to spare. It will get you more legendaries/epics to dismantle, lots of hero mobs in general to drop Ugdenblooms and a chance at coveted Wendigo Spirits.
- If you must, Packla has a 15% chance to drop one, and the Ravager has a 100% chance.
- Spined Cove
- SoT if you want to mix it in with legendary farming, and undead component farming.
- Any Chthonic Rift. Bastion of Chaos is nice and long and will net you a lot. Don’t know which of the non-BoC rifts is most efficient.
- Best bet is to pick from below by which route gets you another resource you want along side Frozen Hearts
- This is probably the most time efficient option, period: Farming dermapteran hive, including breaking the walls, can net you about 3 completed battered shells which you can use to craft frozen hearts.
- This is probably the most time efficient option for literally farming hearts:Farm Battered Shells from The Royal Hive or The Swarming Hive (see royal jelly above for locations) and use them to craft frozen hearts. Costs an aether crystal, a battered shell, and an emerald. These runs can also get you Ancient Hearts iirc.
- Use this if you don’t want to spend iron bits/crystals crafting themIf you can tough the damaging floors of Hargate’s Lab, or any Sith Cave, you can get them there as well + a nice supply of chipped claws.
- If you’re dead set on getting them as drops, cold zombies from warden’s lab isn’t a terrible idea, and you’ll get some aether crystals + a chance at tainted brain matter. Non efficient option for hearts. But you get other resources on the way
These routes may not be the most efficient for farming one specific thing, but feel free to comment on routes that are good for multiple purposes. For example doing a full pine barrens -> desolate wastes -> shaded basin -> tyrant’s hold run will net you manticore eyes, ancient hearts, and dynamite on top of the components that drop there.
- pine barrens -> desolate wastes -> shaded basin -> tyrant’s hold. Grants Dynamite, Manticore Eyes, Ancient Hearts. Make sure to kill Mogara, BloodBriar and Bloodfeast.
- hammy hamster’s ugdenbloom + wendigo spirit + components + optional legendaries run: I start with your top path, then keep going clockwise around and down to Ancient Grove part 1. iirc Nets 1-8 ugdenbloom, depending on luck; usually 4-5. More from tree stumps than heroes. But this circuit can run into Bargoll(ugdenbloom drop) and the Wendigo boss on the way to Grove. You could cut it short at the Grove door, if trying for minimum time runs- for a general loss of 1-3 ugdenblooms. (Skipping Ancient Grove obviously means much less legendaries per hour)dun
- Weyu’s Ugdenbloom route is a longer run that will net you some legendaries, and has like a 1/4 chance at a Wendigo spirit.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEKERXYOsAQ&feature=youtu.be high amount of hero monster route. If you want some rare components and drops in a very unique run.
Attachment: ugdenbloom 1.jpg