[Tool] GDAutocaster - play šŸŽ¹ builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

Thx mate <3 hope u best, going to check this thread for a while. So sad this game does have a lot QoL things but not default auto changer or multiple buttons interaction. But im already having much joy with code what i have already posted ^^

Btw, there is a bug with shift, if u fast press shift and release then shift could stack foreva till u dont press shift again

I havenā€™t fixed the Shift problem (although I know it well) it but maybe if youā€™re playing I could send you another version of the program with some potential fix to test :thinking:

but it may also be some Autohotkey infixable bug or maybe Windows

Anyway you can try this changed version of the program
(may not fix this issue but worth a try :stuck_out_tongue: )

https://github.com/kowariantny/GDAutocaster/raw/master/GDAutocaster.exe

1 Like

Both bugs still exist)

Hmmm so youā€™re able to reproduce it easily right?
Can you give me your config and describe how to reproduce it? Maybe it will then be easier for me to fix it.

What do you mean by both bugs? Which other than Shift getting stuck do you mean?

[Iā€™m working on the interrupt hold thingy btw]

1 Like

[general]
game_window_id=ahk_exe Grim Dawn.exe
suspend_key=Tab
kill_on_exit=false
title_match_mode=3
suspend_stops_autocast=false
[autocast by hold]
key_native_function=true
delay=500
initial_delay=0
cast1=Shift,LButton:RButton
cast2=LButton,Shift:RButton

Second one its that makes shift to be spammed with RMB as well.
To reproduce stuck bug u need HOLD LMB and then fast press SHIFT. Mby even press second time after 500ms delay, im not sure.

Im pretty sure something strange happens even if u hold SHIFT and then fast click LMB. Shift becomes unheldā€¦unholdedā€¦is there even a word?

1 Like

Grim Tools draft

Cooldown caster (main spell has cooldown)

1H & Off-hand
Beginnerā€™s Ravenous Earth Ritualist Vitality Ritualist Nery 1.1.9.6
SSF shieldbreaker mortar trap blackwater cocktail Fire Shieldbreaker Dabuwa87 1.1.9.4
Trozanā€™s Ice Shards - A cold Warlock Beginner Guide Cold Warlock Monceaux 1.1.9.2
Beginnerā€™s/budget lightning Vindicator (caster version) Lightning Vindicator Nery 1.1.9.1
Beginnerā€™s Sparky Elementalist Lightning Elementalist Stupid_Dragon 1.1.9.0
Beginner Storm Box + Stun Jacks Purifier from scratch Lightning Purifier teppieteptep 1.1.9.0
Semi-beginner target-farmable Outcast Spellbinder Aether Spellbinder AlkamosHater 1.1.8.1
Beginnerā€™s/budget vitality RE Oppressor + Cabalist Vitality Oppressor/Cabalist Nery 1.1.6.2
Beginnerā€™s vitality caster Conjurer guide Vitality Conjurer Nery 1.1.6.2
Beginnerā€™s/budget acid Sentinel Acid Sentinel Nery 1.1.2.5
Shield
Acid Aegis Sentinel - Leveling Journal Acid Sentinel Brewshock84 1.1.9.7
Fire Shield Throw Paladin build from scratch Fire Paladin Ulvar1
Ruinous Apostle - chaos caster Chaos Pyromancer Evil_Baka
Beginnerā€™s Shield Caster Sentinel - SSF Vitality Sentinel thepowerofmediocrity
How to play Sigil of Consumption - HC - Ravager Vitality Sentinel mostmost
2H Weapon
Beginnerā€™s Pre-Gargabolā€™s Defiler Vitality Defiler thepowerofmediocrity
Full Faction Gear Ritualist Vitality Ritualist AlexGoldFish_322
Dual Wield
Cold DW Caster Infiltrator | Beginner guide + Endgame Cold Infiltrator tqFan
2 Likes

Not held anymore.

Btw, do u have idea what Ctrl + D does in main menu? xD

No, itā€™s the first time I see it :thinking: interesting

1 Like

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce these bugs today :thinking:
Thatā€™s the main problem for me that theyā€™ve always happened too rarely for me to attempt proper fixing.
(and Iā€™m not that good in AHK to limit the number of possible fixes)

but it does happen often enough for me that I usually try avoid using Shift :laughing:

Hi @Gnomish_Inquisition

1 Like

Same, i notice second one much more often.
Mby its something with windowsā€¦

I coded something. The behavior you want works for me

(there can only be one argument before : in combo)

[general]
suspend_key=Tab

[combo holds]
combo1=Space:3
interrupt_delay1=3000
interrupt_duration1=1000

When holding Space, 3 is held but itā€™s released for 1000ms every 3s

For example if youā€™d like to squeeze in (200 ms window) a Doom Bolt on LMB held every 1s while holding Shift (Beronath is on 3), you could write

[general]
suspend_key=Tab

[combo holds]
combo1=Shift:3
interrupt_delay1=1000
interrupt_duration1=200

if you test longer interrupt_duration with button on the hotbar (3 in this example) you can see them turning on / off

200 ms interrupt duration doesnā€™t show button on / off I think but itā€™s happening

1 Like

Sorry if this is a newbie question. If I have Savagery and Primal Strike on cooldown, I want the Primal strike to activate by itself while pressing LMB (doing Savagery attacks) after its cooldown is done, and go back to Savagery while the cooldown cycles. Basically cycle Savagery and Primal Strike alternately while holding down LMB.
would I do it using interrupting combo holds like:
[combo holds]
combo2=Lbutton:1,2 (1=Savagery, 2=Primal Strike)
interrupt_delay1=2000
interrupt_duration1=1000

Or did I get that completely wrong?

@steve01055
Is it Ranged or Melee?
Can you have Savagery on LMB?

Anyway, this interruption is a pretty new feature and kinda hacky in nature and I would do it in some other way.

Here are my assumptions, let me know you want it differently:

• Savagery on LMB (for simplicity, can be changed)
  • cooldown version of Primal Strike on 2
[autocast by hold]
cast1=LButton:2
delay1=200

what it does it spams 2 every 200ms while youā€™re holding LMB which is totally fine for cooldown skils.

It might be the case that having 2 spammed while holding LMB might be annoying for you in certain scenarios. For example when filtering stash, clicking on some text field. Here are some solutions for it:

Solution 1 - turning if off manually when itā€™s bothering you with Tab for example

[general]
suspend_key=Tab

[autocast by hold]
delay1=200

Solution 2 - delaying the spam by 200 ms with initial_delay so that itā€™s not activated with single LMB clicks but clicks proceeded with at least short holds.

[autocast by hold]
delay1=200
initial_delay1=200

Solution 3 - making the spam work not after 1 click and hold but after 2 clicks and hold

[autocast by hold]
delay1=200
double_press1=true
double_press_time_gap1=300

I was writing by hand not copying hopefully there are not typos and I remember everything right.

@steve01055 Iā€™ve just noticed / recalled that at least with melee when you spam 2 cooldown Primal Strike like that and hold LMB (Savagery) very close to your character when there are no monsters around / highlighted - Primal Strike is activated in place without targeting any monsters which can be kinda meh at times. One can probably used to it but Iā€™ll think now if it can be avoided.

The build is Melee.
And the first solution worked for the cooldown based Primal Strike. Had the delay set to 3000 so thereā€™s no ā€œskill isnā€™t readyā€ announcement, works great so far. Tested it on the dummies, the no-target-activation doesnā€™t seem to be happening.
Thanks for the help!

1 Like

You need to turn it off in options. I cannot imagine using GDAutocaster with these on
And I recommend revert the delay back to 200

There are 2 separate options (in different menus I believe) for

• message on the screen
  • sound informing you about the cooldown

The thing I mentioned happens when no monster / dummies are around / highlighted. When you are just running with your char, holding LMB and move it very close you your character.

[edit] I donā€™t think thereā€™s a solution for that but itā€™s not that big of a deal. This is how Grim Dawn works for the most part. Only skills on LMB donā€™t behave like that.

Alternative could be having

• Move on LMB
  • Primal Strike + Savagery on RMB

(probably better for Ranged Shaman)

Depends on preferences.

MY bad, the 3000 was perhaps not the right choice.
Otherwise Solution 2 is working great. The initial delay-short hold is much better ingame.

And yes the secondary issue isnā€™t that big of a deal. Thanks for the quick response!

1 Like

Yeah, you want that PS button to be spammed so that it fires as soon as off cooldown in various different scenarios.

3s delay could cause very long delays, for example if PS was pressed just before targetting the monster
it would activate nearly 3 second after you started fighting with it because thatā€™s when the next press would be
(at least if you kept holding LMB the whole time and not release + press down again after highlighting the monster)

When I load the .ini file that is posted here, or attempt any edits to it, I get the following error and GD Autocaster closes:
ā€œSome functions bound to 1 differ in
whether they allow 1 native function.ā€

1 Like

Hi. I donā€™t think you should attempt to load this super extensive config by the program. Itā€™s just a showcase of options not meant to work, Iā€™ve never loaded it. Better to write config from scratch or ask me to write you some basic one with stuff you want.

Anyway, hereā€™s some example when you can get such error (or rather a warning):

[autocast by hold]
cast1=1:Space
key_native_function1=false

[combo presses]
combo1=1:Enter
key_native_function1=true

See that one function bound to 1 has key_native_function equal to false, another to true.
This warning tells you to make it consistent because

• in one place ([combo presses]) you say you want pressing 1 to still send 1 press
  • in other ([autocast by hold]) you say you donā€™t want 1 press signal sent after pressing 1

(ā€œ1ā€ being sent after pressing ā€œ1ā€ is buttonā€™s 1 native function)

Anyway, the easy solution is just to delete the key_native_function thing from the config:

[autocast by hold]
cast1=1:Space

[combo presses]
combo1=1:Enter

(or just delete all features activated by 1 altogether)

although it might be possible that some features (aka sections of the config) have different default setting for this nativeness but it should be pretty rare