Some relics listed in this thread may already be addressed in the playtest, but as this is a public thread it will be discussed based on their current state.
The goal is to find relics that have no place in end-game builds, that can be buffed without displacing other relics from being used in the end-game. Also worthy of mention are relics already a bit seen in the end-game, but can be tweaked to be more appealing to other builds/more diverse use cases yet still won’t not displace any other relic when doing so. Should any of our suggestion buffs be implemented and it only achieves the displacement of a previous best relic slot choice, thus creating power creep, we’ll admit it here and get the buff reverted/reduced/changed.
To rephrase: Ideally every relic lvl 60+ would have its own niche/purpose or build to fit on. I understand Z may not feel every relic needs to see end-game use, but I think we can agree that that’d be more ideal. Especially for the lvl 70+ relics.
It got buffed a couple times since I put this on the list as “the worst relic” and hp regen has seen improvements in a bunch of other places as well. People will need to experiment. At this point if hp regen isn’t working I’m starting to suspect it’s a lack of hp regen getting enough resists from the same sources, because the numbers keep getting better.
Dreeg’s Affliction (Poor base stats)
- get rid of the acid resist. On a +1 Occult item you’ll never need this as you’ll always have 12/12 in Aspect of the guardian
- add a useful resist that Occult lacks such as pierce/stun/slow
- add some OA and/or DA
- and add some %health/regen and/or energy/energy regen
It competes with deathstalker ( RR , stun, speed, health, player-scaled pet), OK’s absolution (speed, retaliation, big shield + retal shield proc), Nightblades Nidlia’s Outbreak(+1, crit, DA, energy,aether, low cd nice proc) and Serenity (big defences, +1 all).
Given what the relic, a non +skills relic, competes with… the 45 degree 3 target maximum on the skill is very very stingy. With a 2.4 second item (not affected by CDR) cooldown it already guarantees the granted ability can’t be abused, so please let it be good. I don’t think a shorter cooldown is the answer either because it’d just interrupt our auto attack stuff more.
- Inherit that slow resist, it’s very important.
- Get a damage bump (both base and granted WPS skill). This baby is competing with +skill relics and it’s a bit on the weak side.
Inquisitor + inq and plenty of itemization sources of DW ability makes it useless, lack of resists, OA or DA.
This is literally just mini/worse Eldritch Pact. I might get crucified for some of my suggestions for it but I see a few options with the first option being the simplest and most lame:
- Just buff the dmg on this relic to make it more closely equal to eldritch pact.
- Swap some of its bonuses with Eldritch Pact and make this the more defense based chase, since it’s on being hit and make Eldritch Pact the heavily offensive option.
- Or the reverse, buff Solael’s Decimation as the offensive option (does match the name better I guess) and nerf Eldritch Pact’s offensive side but buff its defensive side.
- The coolest option is to add significant chaos retaliation and % retaliation to Solael’s Decimation and drizzle chaos retaliation build support in future patch changes.
- Ceno points out you could just add 15% lifesteal or so to the proc since the cooldown is low and it becomes a budget Ulzuin’s wrath. This is also one of the neater ideas.
- Ya points out energy regeneration here would help Scythe of Tenebris spin to win builds exists.
I think figuring out a way to divide Solael’s Decimation and Eldritch Pact so one is clearly more for surviving and one does substantially better DPS would help these relics co-exist.
Please please please we’re begging you give this the Nidalla’s Outbreak treatment and turn the attack into some sort of proc, even if it means nerfing it. Nobody wants to use this granted ability currently. Fire/Chaos dmg don’t really need a mini-nuke and it’s clunko to use. Changing it to a proc would also be highly popular with the community.
This relic is in a tough spot Z because physical builds just take Doom and bleed builds just take Massacre. I’m not sure what you do to buff this relic without displacing the other two, so you’d have to think about it, because it’s not a BAD relic. Maybe add DA since none of the other soldier relics have that.
Soldiers are usually fine on the OA side (not that we don’t like the 50 OA), Doom offers higher base dmg on the relic, a resist, and decent % armor. It’s nice that Oleron’s Wrath automates dmg with a proc on attack, and I don’t think it’s far behind.
If anyone else in the community has a bright idea they are confident can be done to this relic without displacing others, please do chime in.
Azrakaa’s Epoch (?)
It got impaired aim on the skill which is definitely a nice little utility. Can people try this thing out more? I reckon if it’s still “sub par” it’s just a matter of the dmg on the skill? Or the frequency of tornados?
The offensive stats on the relic itself could just use a bump up. The pet is actually fine offensively, but it would be lovely if it was invulnerable or at least tankier via improving its base resists. It does NOT need a weaker version of Deathstalker’s aura.
It’s good for leveling spellbinders, but by the time you reach end-game the cooldown on the proc makes it too weak to compete. But you can compare it to Eldritch Pact: https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8222 to see its deficiencies.
- Add %Damage to Undead, it’s a small bonus that helps.
- Reduce the CD on the granted skill to 1.5 Seconds to make the proc more reliable. Adjust the values of the skill if required.
- Bump the %Aether Damage by 25% more damage and increase the flat Aether Damage by 8 more Aether Damage
Compare to the superior Avenger Relic. (And even given that the Avenger relic is superior I’m not sure Avenger sees use competing against eye of the storm, maybe consider a % retaliation buff to go with the flat retaliation for Avenger, so it really helps dawnseeker out which I’ll complain for later)
Admittedly one of the more debatable relics on this list. The stats are good but the activation on the proc is a little iffy. I’d suggest bumping the activation rate by 5% or changing it even to 25% chance on being hit, and that alone might prompt players to experiment with it more so we can get more feedback on it. I haven’t tested this enough to give a good answer of how lacking I feel the relic is, but currently I don’t think it’s off by too much.
Inquisitor relics are competing with the mighty Ignaffar’s combustion after all, but at least Vengeance is for pierce inquisitors so it has a slightly easier time getting use by lack of alternatives.
Other Balance Threads I’m managing and updating with each update:
Torso and Helm feedback
Shields and Caster Off-Hand feedback
Jewelry Slot feedback
Leg and foot armor feedback
Non-set shoulders and gloves feedback
I won’t post my thoughts on these because I haven’t gone into enough depth with testing them. But I am decently sure some empowered relics aren’t chosen at all in favor of others. I’ll let the community chime in here if they want because I’m not sure anyone cares XD.