GT link and in-game stats if you are lazy enough to read the whole text
Skills and devotions explanation
There is no trick in skill distribution:
- 15 points in Vulnerability - you need as much RR as possible
- Maxed Trozan’s Sky Shard is a main source of damage
- Maxed Sigil of Consumption is an additional source of damage and a source of lifeleech.
Other things are pretty default like maxing Maiven’s Sphere or cap 10/10 Nullification.
It’s far more interesting to look at devotions:
- The build utilizes both of cold and lightning RR in devotions
- To support both types of damage I decided to take Amatok and Ulthos
- No Giant/Bat. Instead this Warlock uses Ghoul that helps a lot thanks to weapon damage in component skill and Ulthos proc. Lifeleech from Sigil of Consumption replaces Giant very well.
Note: for superboss fights it’s better to take Giant.
Why there are two RR and two types of damage? Does it make sense?
100% sure. Arcanist is a mastery without RR. It means that you’ll spend way more time to kill resistant enemies. (Kubacabra/ Fabius for cold build, Grava’Thul, the Voiddrinker for lightning)
- By using both of cold and lightning your killtime of resistant enemies improves a lot.
- Not to mention, your SoC deals mostly cold damage, so additional RR improves your lifeleech.
Gear explanation and alternatives
Note: craft at least two items for slow res.
Obviously the Trozan’s Skybreach and the Eastern Oath sets are the core of the build, and you can’t replace its items.
- Combination of two Invoker’s rings gives you 200% to cold and 300% to lightning. Also it covers your energy regen and cast speed requirements. As an alternative you may use Mythical Starfire, Coven Sky Seal, Allagast’s Stormgem, Mythical Glyph of the Storm Witch, Mythical Band of the Eternal Haunt.
- Two pieces of Iscandra’s set. +120% to elemental damage. Additional source of RR, bonuses to our main damage skill, TSS. Not using full Invoker, because its amulet and offhand don’t have OA bonuses and worse res. If you don’t have right items, use full Invoker. Or you may go for The Cataclysm with its belt, amulet and offhand. Cataclysm setup has good stats, but less RR. However, I tested it several times. DPS is almost the same thanks to good proc from set and double RR from devotions. Amulet may be replaced with Mythical Starfury Emerald, Mythical Stormseer Sapphire.
- Grey Magi boots give you sweet proc, massive DA and very important trap res that helps to kite. You may use anything to cover your res and DA, there is now strict alternatives.
- Medal is the BiS. If you don’t have it,use anything with % to elemental damage and good OA ( Mark of the Shadow Queen, Coven Mark of the Arcane or even Mythical Direwolf Crest)
- Belt is the BiS. For alternative use Cataclysm’s Pact, Mythical Arcanoweave Cord.
- Relic can be changed to Iskandra’s Balance. Thouhg I recommend to play with Eternity to have more comfortable cooldawns on Mirror of Ereoctes, Nullification and Ghoul.
It’s quiet an easy to pilot this build in Crucible:
- Lifeleech from SoC helps you vs. groups of enemies. Sometimes you need to use Mirror being surrounded. Spam your Nullification to clear debuffs from you and buffs from targets.
- Be smart with SoC, it starts dealing damage and healing you only after one second.
- Don’t panic in nemesis waves. Burst enemies with your skills. Don’t forget after using Mirror that you still have Ghoul and Prismatic Diamond.
- Do not run like headless chicken, make a couple of steps, then attack
- Using Mirror vs. Alex’s meteors and Grava’s manaburn.
- Beware of Rashalga, the Mad Queen at 162. She screams twice. At the second time use MoE. Right at the last moment of Mirror use Nullification.
- As usual be careful with wave 169.
Shattered Realm is surprisingly fine with this char. Kite, spam your skills, and you’ll be fine.
Pay additional attention to heavy melees ( Grava’Thul, the Voiddrinker, Reaper of the Lost, Father Kymon, Avatar of Korvaak and Gargabol, Heart of the Wild with his second phase).
Pay attention to Mad Queen, play vs. this bitch just like in Cruci
You may kite the whole boss team if there is no Valdaran.