:damage_chaos: Skills granted by items [video, GT links, damage types, source item types]

Skill (link to YT) Item (link to GrimTools) Damage types Item type Level
Acid Purge Seal of Blight Weapon, Acid, Vitality, Poison component 75
Aether Corruption Seal of Corruption Lightning, Aether component 75
Aether Lightning Arcane Tempest:white_small_square:Arcane Storm Weapon, Lightning, Aether jewelry set 72/82
Aether Tendril Aethersteel Bolts Weapon, Aether component 20
Biting Blades Seal of Shadows Weapon, Piercing, Acid, Poison component 75
Blazing Eruption Korvaak’s Deception Weapon, Fire, Chaos, Burn mythical relic 90
Bone Lance Mythical:white_small_square:Decree of the Circle of Five Weapon, Physical, Piercing, Aether dagger 58/94
Call the Storm Mythical:white_small_square:Codex of Eternal Storms Cold, Lightning, Electrocute off-hand 75/94
Chain Lightning Seal of Skies Weapon, Cold, Lightning, Electrocute component 75
Chaos Bolt Void-Touched Ammo Weapon, Chaos component 20
Chillspikes Seal of the Night Weapon, Piercing, Cold, Frostburn component 75
Chillwind Mythical:white_small_square:Empowered:white_small_square:Frigid Quillbreath Weapon, Cold 2h crossbow 35/75/94
Conflagration Conflagration Fire, Burn transcendent relic 35
Cryptstalker Cryptstalker Vitality, Aether 1h mace 94
Demon’s Breath Devil-Touched Ammo Weapon, Fire, Chaos component 15
Drain Soul Soulless Gaze level 94:white_small_square:75 Vitality, Aether caster helm 75/94
Dreeg’s Infinite Gaze Mark of Dreeg Weapon, Acid, Poison component 15
Empowered Lightning Nova Amber Weapon, Lightning component 20
Fireblast Searing Ember Weapon, Fire, Burn component 5
Flame Breath Mythical:white_small_square:Mask of Infernal Truth Weapon, Retaliation, Fire, Burn heavy helm 75/94
Fragmenting Round Mythical:white_small_square:Valdun’s Rifle Weapon, Piercing 2h gun 75/94
Gavel of Justice Arbiter Weapon, Physical, Elemental transcendent relic 35
Great Tide Mythical:white_small_square:Leviathan Weapon, Physical, Cold, Internal Trauma 2h mace 75/94
Greater Fireblast Flintcore Bolts Weapon, Fire, Burn component 15
Greater Ice Spike Deathchill Bolts Weapon, Cold component 15
Ground Ripper Mythical:white_small_square:Empowered:white_small_square:Tremor Weapon, Physical 2h mace 23/65/82
Hell Path Shar’Zul’s Incinerator level 94:white_small_square:75:white_small_square:Shar’Zul’s Furnace Weapon, Fire, Burn 2h mace 45/75/94
Hyrian’s Claw Hyrian’s Bulwark Weapon, Elemental, Burn, Frostburn, Electrocute shield 94
Ice Spike Chilled Steel Weapon, Cold component 5
Ice Wyrm’s Breath Mythical:white_small_square:Northern Wyrm Weapon, Cold, Frostburn 2h crossbow 75/94
Lightning Nova Cracked Lodestone Weapon, Lightning component 5
Noxious Fumes Cauldron of Excitement level 94:white_small_square:75:white_small_square:50 Acid, Vitality, Poison helm 50/75/94
Noxious Poison Bomb Venom-Tipped Ammo Weapon, Acid, Poison component 20
Obliteration Mythical:white_small_square:Tome of the Arcane Wastes Elemental, Electrocute off-hand 65/94
Oblivion Oblivion Weapon, Vitality, Chaos mythical relic 70
Obsidian Tremor Mythical:white_small_square:Obsidian Juggernaut Weapon, Physical, Chaos 2h mace 58/84
Oleron’s Might Oleron’s Blood Weapon, Physical, Internal Trauma component 30
Poison Bomb Mutagenic Ichor Weapon, Acid, Poison component 5
Pyran’s Pyre Pyran’s Ruminations Fire, Burn 4p set 94
Reaping Arc Uroboruuk’s Reaping Weapon, Vitality, Aether, Vitality Decay mythical relic 90
Sacred Strike Blessed Steel Weapon, Elemental component 24
Shar’Zul’s Wrath Shar’Zul’s Worldeater level 94:white_small_square:75 Weapon, Physical, Fire, Burn 2h mace 75/94
Silver Spread Silvercore Bolts Weapon, Piercing component 27
Solael’s Flame Symbol of Solael Chaos component 35
Spectral Bolt Specter Vitality, Aether empowered relic 25
Spectral Wave Mythical:white_small_square:Wrathbringer Weapon, Vitality 2h gun 50/94
Stormfire Seal of Destruction Weapon, Fire, Lightning, Burn component 75
Sun Spot Mythical:white_small_square:Judgment of Empyrion Fire, Lightning, Burn off-hand 58/84
Sun Spot Warhammer of Heavenly Judgment Fire, Burn 2h mace 75
Throw Feces Mythical:white_small_square:Empowered:white_small_square:Soiled Trousers Retaliation, Physical, Acid, Poison pants 20/75/94
Unleash Chaos Darkblaze Source Fire, Chaos amulet 94
Veil Ripple Scion of the Screaming Veil Weapon, Physical, Aether, Burn 2h mace 94
Vire’s Cascade Honor Weapon, Retaliation, Physical, Fire, Internal Trauma mythical relic 70
Voracious Reach Yugol’s Hunger Weapon, Cold, Acid mythical relic 90
Winter King’s Might Mythical:white_small_square:Crown of the Winter King Weapon, Cold, Frostburn helm 75/94
World Gate Gate to Many Worlds Physical, Elemental off-hand 94

Missing skills:

• pets
  • default attack replacements
  • auras
  • skills with long cool-downs
  • ‘% chance to be used’ skills

I can update the video in the future, write if you think some skill should be on the list. I’ll probably add pets since they have interesting visuals. Click the skill name to see it in action or watch the whole video below:

If you want to use a particular skill be sure to search for all versions of the item it comes from - standard, mythical etc. The reason is that i.e. the lower level version may have a blueprint that can be bought from vendors.

hl Screenshot%20(127)

Here are item based spells that can deal significant damage in my opinion. No Resistance debuffs / spells with cooldown here - but rather the ones you can more or less build around, preferably with high casting speed.

Skill (link to YT) Item (link to GrimTools) Damage types Item type Level
Acid Purge Seal of Blight Weapon, Acid, Vitality, Poison component 75
Aether Corruption Seal of Corruption Lightning, Aether component 75
Aether Lightning Arcane Tempest:white_small_square:Arcane Storm Weapon, Lightning, Aether jewelry set 72/82
Biting Blades Seal of Shadows Weapon, Piercing, Acid, Poison component 75
Bone Lance Mythical:white_small_square:Decree of the Circle of Five Weapon, Physical, Piercing, Aether dagger 58/94
Chain Lightning Seal of Skies Weapon, Cold, Lightning, Electrocute component 75
Chillspikes Seal of the Night Weapon, Piercing, Cold, Frostburn component 75
Conflagration Conflagration Fire, Burn transcendent relic 35
Obliteration Mythical:white_small_square:Tome of the Arcane Wastes Elemental, Electrocute off-hand 65/94
Oblivion Oblivion Weapon, Vitality, Chaos mythical relic 70
Obsidian Tremor Mythical:white_small_square:Obsidian Juggernaut Weapon, Physical, Chaos 2h mace 58/84
Reaping Arc Uroboruuk’s Reaping Weapon, Vitality, Aether, Vitality Decay mythical relic 90
Stormfire Seal of Destruction Weapon, Fire, Lightning, Burn component 75
Voracious Reach Yugol’s Hunger Weapon, Cold, Acid mythical relic 90
Winter King’s Might Mythical:white_small_square:Crown of the Winter King Weapon, Cold, Frostburn helm 75/94

Since I put Corruption in the table (mainly because it’s from easy-to-include component), maybe also
Mythical Codex of Eternal Storms
Mythical Arcanor, Blade of the Luminari

I don’t know Retal so not sure how good the :poop: throw skill is.

41 Likes

That right there is epic. Well done!

This is awesome, very nice.

…Deviljho?

1 Like

Nice collection!

I haven’t used them all yet, definitely something to strive to. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Deviljo? image

That fine specimen is called Pickles!

I was planning to build Farath’s FoI Infiltrator but I cannot resist Winter King’s Might after seeing it in action :cold_face:
It reminds me of countless hours of D3 played as Permafrost Seismic Slam Barbarian in multiple variants.

These drawings in turn remind me of another arpg I’m currently playing - Dragon’s Crown.

(one of the regular enemies)
Killing these little bastards with seismic ability of course
Screenshot%20(126)

A solid effort and helpful for the community.

I’m actually going to relocate it to a more appropriate forum section.

6 Likes

What an awesome post.

The majority of skills look really good, but there are a few of them that share animations, and some animations are a bit rough (Oblivion, e.g.). But overall, this shows nicely just how rich with content Grim Dawn is

1 Like

Thats great effort but if i can suggest… Can You put names of each skills on video? (At very bottom for example)
If someone watches whole video its confusing which one skill you using at the time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Done. YT editing was such a pain in the ass that I gave up after two skills but fortunately I’ve found some website that basically generated the .srt file from YT timestamps for Editor to use.

Also added links to lower level versions since, surprisingly, many have purchasable blueprints.
For example Great Tide from Leviathan or Winter King’s Might from Crown of the Winter King.

1 Like

nicely done thank for that effort

Oh god, thank you so much. I wanted to do this at some point becuase it helps to know what things actually look like and do.

I may have to contribute to this with a “devotion skills showcase” at some point to help people too.

2 Likes

No need because someone’s already done it. It’s pretty old so a few devos are missing and some have outdated FX but it works.

2 Likes

small typo you made there

1 Like

Update

• 3rd column ‘item type’ + colors for more readability
  • damage types if you’re searching for a skill of a particular damage type to add to your rotation

Scorv approves:
fun

Missing Scourge Scourge Strike (Granted by Item)
I think You miss more than that.

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/1501

1 Like

I know, I only included things that can be tried to use as main atttacks/are spammable/have interesting FX/can be a base for meme builds. That’s why I didn’t include default attack replacers or boring single hits like the skill above (it also has cool-down this is another nail in the coffin). I don’t know its visuals but I guess it’s not anything special.

I also didn’t know how much time it would take me and didn’t want to bite off more than I can chew.
However if you’re willing to record some skill, I will gladly merge it with the original video and add to the table. Or maybe a different video and the same table. I recorded with Fraps, in 1600 x 900 in .avi format (and such vids would be easy to merge I guess).

1 Like

Thanks for the video and table. It’s really useful :slight_smile:

1 Like