[1.1.8.0] Two Yugol relic spinners - DW melee cold and cold + acid Witch Hunter, SR 80+

INTRODUCTION

I have already made enough EoR spinners so I decided it is time for a change and let’s try a Yugol relic spinner this time - and not one but two! Yugol’s Hunger relic is based on cold and acid damage and therefore I have decided to make a cold spinner and cold + acid spinner. Both damage types are supported by Nightblade and Occultist therefore Witch Hunter is the best class combo to pick. Both builds kill enemies fast even despite much lower DPS for Voracious Reach compared to EoR. Nemesis go down fast as well. The dual damage version is better both offensively and defensively but it is not as easy to play because it needs Lethal Assault buff (but if it is bound to left mouse button it is OK). Cold version has -150 % RR. Cold + acid version does SR 80 relatively easily and cold version does SR 65 relatively easily.

I also have other spinner builds here. I have other cold melee builds here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my spinners from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Yugol the Insatiable – great build, cold + acid VR, use of dual damage is good, offensively good and defensively strong, ease of gameplay is OK despite using both CoF for RR and Lethal Assault for buffs

2. Aether Spinner Oppressor – great build, aether EoR, offensively a little behind Yugol the Insatiable, defensively a little behind Yugol the Insatiable, nice gameplay with passive RR

3. Gyroscoper – great build, physical EoR, offensively a little better than Yugol the Insatiable, defensively a little weaker than Aether Oppressor, nice gameplay (RR is not passive but Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

4. Twilight Spinner – great build, aether + chaos EoR, use of dual damage is good even with low RR, offensively noticably weaker than Aether Oppressor, defensively similar to Yugol the Insatiable, nice gameplay with passive RR

5. Yugol of Twilight – great build, aether + chaos VR, use of dual damage is good even with low RR, offensively a little weaker than Twilight Spinner, defensively a little better than Twilight Spinner, nice gameplay with passive RR

6. Aether Spinner Templar – good build, aether EoR, offensively a little similar to Yugol of Twilight, defensively a little weaker than Twilight Spinner (but a little better than Gyroscoper), nice gameplay

7. Chilled Spinner Shielded – good build, cold EoR, offensively a little better than Twilight Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Gyroscoper, nice gameplay with passive RR

8. Chilled Spinner – good build, cold EoR, similar offensively to Chilled Spinner Shielded, defensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner Shielded, nice gameplay with passive RR

9. Aether Spinner Shieldbreaker – good build, aether EoR, offensively similar to Chilled Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner, using Thermite Mines for RR makes ease of gameplay weaker

10. Spinning Inferno – good build, fire EoR, offensively similar to Aether Opressor, defensively a little weaker than Aether Shieldbreaker, nice gameplay (RR is not passive but Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

11. Spinning Freezer – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, fire EoR + OFF, offensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Spinning Inferno

12. Chaotic Spinner – OK build, chaos EoR, offensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer, defensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer, nice gameplay with passive RR

13. Yugol the Hungry – OK build, cold VR, offensively smilar to Twilight Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Chaotic Spinner, nice gameplay with passive RR + CoF (Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

14. Skywalker – weaker build, lightning EoR, offensively a little weaker than Chaotic Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Yugol the Hungry, using Thermite Mines for RR makes ease of gameplay weaker

15. Spinning Immortal Army – weaker build, acid VR + pets, offensively similar to Chaotic Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Skywalker, nice gameplay with passive RR

Version 1 - Yugol the Insatiable

This version is based on cold + acid damage. It is a little better version both offensively and defensively. Gameplay is apply CoF, charge into mobs with Amatok’s Breath, use LA and spin2win. It is also relatively cheap to get.

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZD1eXWN

I used two Monster Infrequent items - Rime-Rotten Wand (2x) and Ilgorr’s Eternal Curse. Weapons can be crafted. On weapons you need affixes for AS and cold or acid damage. Medal is optional - you can pick any medal but it should have the affixes as mine has. Crafting bonuses are to stun resistance.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS 150k - 180k

low base OA - around 2850 OA

85 enemy DA reduction from Curse of Frailty

low critical damage 13 % (33 % with Voracious Reach)

nice cold resistance reduction from Murmur, Veil of Shadow, Curse of Frailty and Manticore - up to -108 %

nice acid resistance reduction from Murmur, Veil of Shadow, Curse of Frailty and Manticore - up to -115 %

damage from devotions - Manticore, Yugol, Abomination and Murmur

DEFENSE

OK life around 12500 HP

OK DA - above 2850 DA

up to 226 OA reduction to enemies from Veil of Shadow and Rumor

good CC resistances (crafting bonus to stun res)

capped disruption resistance

reasonably overcapped resistances

+3 to max all resistances

nice physical resistance 41 %

OK armor - close to 2200

% damage absorption from Possession

% reduced target’s damage from Yugol devo

nice lifesteal 14 % (+8 % on Voracious Reach)

healing on standby from Pneumatic Burst and Blood of Dreeg

Ghoul

Blade Barrier

Prismatic Rage from component

image from the game with passive buffs + Pneumatic Burst and Blood of Dreeg

Yugol%20the%20Insatiable%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Pneumatic Burst, Blood of Dreeg and Lethal Assualt

Yugol%20the%20Insatiable%202

Version 2 - Yugol the Hungry
This version is based on cold damage. It is both defensively and offensively a behind the other version. Gameplay is apply CoF, charge into mobs with Amatok’s Breath and spin2win.

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2G0X96V

I used two Monster Infrequent items - Ugdenbog Chillstrife (2x) and Gargoyle Waistguard. On weapons you need affixes for AS and cold damage. On belt you need slow res and resistances. Crafting bonus on amulet is to energy regen. Alternative is stun res or slow res.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS - 170k

OK base OA - above 3000 OA

up to 140 enemy DA reduction from Curse of Frailty and Annihilation

low critical damage 11 % (31 % with Voracious Reach)

nice cold resistance reduction from Murmur, Veil of Shadow, Curse of Frailty and Scales - up to -150 % + Viper

damage from devotions - Scales, Yugol and Murmur

DEFENSE

low life around 11000 HP

OK DA - around 2900 DA

up to 281 OA reduction to enemies from Veil of Shadow, Rumor and Annihilation

OK CC resistances

capped disruption resistance

reasonably overcapped resistances

+3 to max all resistances

good physical resistance 28 %

OK armor - close to 2100

% damage absorption from Possession

% reduced target’s damage from Yugol devo

nice lifesteal 19 % (+8 % on Voracious Reach)

healing on standby from Pneumatic Burst and Blood of Dreeg

Ghoul

Blade Barrier

Prismatic Rage from component

image from the game with passive buffs + Pneumatic Burst and Blood of Dreeg

Yugol%20the%20Hungry%201

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

Yugol the Insatiable - build does SR 80 relatively easily. No boss is a problem if you are a skilled player. It can go higher.

Yugol the Hungry - build can do SR 65 relatively easily. It behaves like a glass cannon is SR 80. Physical hitters are very dangerous. You have to be skilled player to be able to finish it. If you die it will most likely be from a physical hit. Run away from Benny’s crystals and Alex’s meteor.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Images from SR

3 images from SR 80 for the cold + acid version

image from SR 66 for the cold version

3 Likes

Nice job @Duchy, I always enjoy seeing dual damage-type builds posted. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Dual dam type Cold and acid is a perfect choice for Witch Hunter. Lethal Assault give both flat/%/OA. Both Veil and CoF have Cold and Acid RR. Devotion Murmur gives you both Cold and Acid RR too (so basically you can stack 3 %RR sources). It only lacks items support for this concept. i did try a Witch hunter and Yugol relic, but using Dreegalnone and MI amulet occultist to get 100% elemental converted to acid (and 2 armor pieces of Venomblade set), and then go all the way to get 100% Acid Yugol spinner. Actually the DPS is higher than @Duchy set up, but i guess thats dual type- you dont need high DPS to make it works. Nice build.

1 Like

In case anyone was wondering, I’ve made a thread about that concept here: 2H Acid Yugol’s Spin to Win Witch Hunter - I did clear Crucible 170 before the aggro changes, I haven’t tried it enough to see how it stands against it with this patch. I haven’t tried SR with it either, but it should clear SR65-66 in a cakewalk.

I will also give props for attempting two damage types in a build. I don’t know of many bosses off the top of my head who resist both of them heavily.

1 Like

None that I noticed.

i dont know about your thread before trying Yugol spinner Witch Hunter, so i want to share my build as well (since my set up is different from yours, and i think its performance is a lot better too): https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9D7RP2

• The most different things is devotion. With 100% aether and elemental converted to Acid, and 60% physical conversion, Imp and Ulzuin’s Torch Meteor is basically all acid. Imp is the only thing that i find useful with the 100% aether conversion mod from amulet. And i think Yugol Insatible Night is a must there too (auto proc with 660 flat acid dam per Blood and 12% dam reduction). And Yugol devotion perfectly fit with Yugol spinner :)))
  • In term of offensive, my set up got almost 3k% acid dam all the time, and Yugol’s DPS more than 200k IIRC. In term of defensive, build got huge life steal due to Ghoul + revenant + yugol devo.
    @thepowerofmediocrity if you really love Acid Yugol, you can try my set up. I dont like it really, because i have to stop spinning all the time to cast CoF and reset Lethal Assault (and it annoy as hell), but thats just different taste

I played SR 80 with the Insatiable build and it did it easily. I took 3 images from different runs as proofs.

I will revisit my older builds and try them in SR 80. I don’t like to play SR much but SR 65-66 and SR 80 are easily accessible. So I will from now on test my builds in SR 80 as well.

The cold version does SR 80 as well but it is not easy. If you are a skilled player it can be done most of the time within the timer.

Hey Dutchy, good eor builds.
One question : I suppose a 2H cold weapon would be bad but how much vs DW version ? I will be probably build an chaos eor wrath of tenebris but i was thinking about a cold 2H eor, but not a witch hunter obviously

I don’t know. I have not yet tried any 2H spinner. All my spinners are DW. I think that 2H is worse. How much I just don’t know. There is no support for 2H cold EoR. You would have to convert phys, fire and lightning on EoR somehow.

You can do a nice cold yugol with alkamos mi scythe on witchhunter. 2h cold eor probably is not a workable concept for anything resembling effecient farming/gameplay. Probably could cobble together some type of meme build on dervish, but it would be rough

Yep, when said cold eor build, i meant yugol “eor” cold build with something like that weapon.
At that time, i didnt know there is no acid > cold conversion so witch hunter seems to be the best class to try.
Time to hit grimtools ! Thanks for your advice Valinov, Dutchy

Do I need to restart the game and go to the npc merchant to check if he has the blueprint for this weapon?

Assuming you mean Rime-Rotten Wand you can either try your luck with Benevald (the “secret” merchant in Blood Grove) or you can just grind totems and hope it drops. If you’re going with Benevald route you can use this gimmick:

1 Like

Thanks I try that.

why is needed weapons Rime-Rotten Wand? highest cold damage possible?

He’s going for Cold/Acid dual damage hybrid. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@duchy What a BALLER build!
I will sink about 20 million in crafting the weapons. I will post my results! Hopefully we get some beastly craft! Is “of Alacrity” the best Suffix? Because that should be a piece of cake. :smiley:

1 Like

Not the best, but more likely than a double rare! Best would probably be Frostborn of the Venomclaw. And this is why GDStash exists… :smile:

I chose to max Lethal Assault in my version as well. It’s a great build for sure!

1 Like

Welp. 15 million crafts so far.
And 2 0f the Venomblade. Not the greatest results.
Around 3-4 double Rares per 5 mil crafts. I got my Frostborn of Alacrity in the first 5 million.