[1.1.8.0] Twilight Spinner - insane DW aether + chaos EoR Templar, SR 80+

INTRODUCTION

The reason behind this build is to make use of the Twilight’s Veil dagger which is aether and chaos based. Considering my previous aether spinner build I decided to go for aether + chaos spinner. Because of flat damage bonuses I decided to go for Arcanist. At first I thought about Demolitionist because of resistance reduction on the Thermite Mines but the build was lacking in damage a lot when I was theorycrafting it. With Templar I have a great DPS and I managed to get respectable 74 % resistance reduction for both aether and chaos. Using dual damage makes this build good even with low RR. Killing Reaper is fine. Build does SR 65-66 easily. It can even do SR 80.

I have other spinner builds here. I have other Twilight builds here. I have other aether melee builds here. I have other chaos melee builds here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my spinners from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Yugol the Insatiable – great build, cold + acid VR, use of dual damage is good, offensively good and defensively strong, ease of gameplay is OK despite using both CoF for RR and Lethal Assault for buffs

2. Aether Spinner Oppressor – great build, aether EoR, offensively a little behind Yugol the Insatiable, defensively a little behind Yugol the Insatiable, nice gameplay with passive RR

3. Gyroscoper – great build, physical EoR, offensively a little better than Yugol the Insatiable, defensively a little weaker than Aether Oppressor, nice gameplay (RR is not passive but Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

4. Twilight Spinner – great build, aether + chaos EoR, use of dual damage is good even with low RR, offensively noticably weaker than Aether Oppressor, defensively similar to Yugol the Insatiable, nice gameplay with passive RR

5. Yugol of Twilight – great build, aether + chaos VR, use of dual damage is good even with low RR, offensively a little weaker than Twilight Spinner, defensively a little better than Twilight Spinner, nice gameplay with passive RR

6. Aether Spinner Templar – good build, aether EoR, offensively a little similar to Yugol of Twilight, defensively a little weaker than Twilight Spinner (but a little better than Gyroscoper), nice gameplay

7. Chilled Spinner Shielded – good build, cold EoR, offensively a little better than Twilight Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Gyroscoper, nice gameplay with passive RR

8. Chilled Spinner – good build, cold EoR, similar offensively to Chilled Spinner Shielded, defensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner Shielded, nice gameplay with passive RR

9. Aether Spinner Shieldbreaker – good build, aether EoR, offensively similar to Chilled Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner, using Thermite Mines for RR makes ease of gameplay weaker

10. Spinning Inferno – good build, fire EoR, offensively similar to Aether Opressor, defensively a little weaker than Aether Shieldbreaker, nice gameplay (RR is not passive but Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

11. Spinning Freezer – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, fire EoR + OFF, offensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Spinning Inferno

12. Chaotic Spinner – OK build, chaos EoR, offensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer, defensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer, nice gameplay with passive RR

13. Yugol the Hungry – OK build, cold VR, offensively smilar to Twilight Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Chaotic Spinner, nice gameplay with passive RR + CoF (Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

14. Skywalker – weaker build, lightning EoR, offensively a little weaker than Chaotic Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Yugol the Hungry, using Thermite Mines for RR makes ease of gameplay weaker

15. Spinning Immortal Army – weaker build, acid VR + pets, offensively similar to Chaotic Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Skywalker, nice gameplay with passive RR

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25b4AlV

I used two Monster Infrequent items - Valdaran’s Shoulderguard and Gargoyle Girdle. You want affixes for OA and DA and you absolutely need Dread Lord’s prefix on the belt for lifesteal. I used crafting bonuses on helm and amulet for freeze resistance and on pants for stun resistance.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS 230k - 260k

OK base OA - close to 3000 OA (nice OA with Ascension over 3150 OA)

up to 318 DA reduction to enemies from Judgment and Annihilation

lower critical damage 20 %

OKish aether and chaos resistance reduction from Guardians of Empyrion (Conduit for them), Arcane Bomb, Eldritch Fire and Revenant - up to -74 %

damage from devotions - Eye of Korvaak, Revenant, Eldritch Fire, Arcane Bomb and Guardian’s Gaze

DEFENSE

OK life - 12000 HP

OK DA above 2900 DA (Resilience increases it more)

up to 330 OA reduction to enemies from Dark Desires, Arcane Bomb and Annihilation

nice lifesteal 16 %

OK CC resistances without Ascension (high CC resistances with Ascension)

capped disruption resistance using Arcane Harmony Leggings

reasonably overcapped resistances

at least +3 to all max resistances (+7 with Resilience active)

OK physical resistance 21 %

lower armor - above 1800

% reduced damage to enemies from Soulfire

% damage absorption from Maiven’s Sphere

flat damage absorption from Ascension

Mirror of Ereoctes

Nullification

Ghoul

Prismatic Rage from component

Serenity

image from the game with passive buffs only

Twilight%20Spinner%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Ascension

Twilight%20Spinner%202

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

This build does SR 65-66 easily. No boss is a problem. Reaper is fine even with low RR. It can even do SR 80. It is slower in SR 80 but you can do it within the timer comfortably. Reaper is tougher to fight but doable. Use Mirror and Ascension smartly and you will be OK.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Images from SR 80

7 Likes

Too bad Seal of Void component skill not activate from EoR, would have been dope!

nice one as always

1 Like

@Duchy Very cool build here using those Twilight’s Veil daggers. They’re quite a common drop for me.

Did you think about using Mythical Chains of Anguish instead of the Gargoyle belt?

No, I hate that belt with a passion. Mythical Vestents of Severed Faith gives even more DPS but low res with it and life.

I also tried a version with the SR set chest armor. That one is possible as well. Slightly less DPS. That belt can be worn if somebody doesn’t mind it or before you can farm that MI one. There is also a space for more spirit dump. I put a lot of points into physique for DA. I like higher DA.

If somebody wanted to go all in on the DPS side and doesn’t mind worse defense then this version is good https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aMM9x2
But it would be extremely squishy with that proc from the belt active.

What adjustments do you recommend for safe HC style? Or is it good as it is? :slight_smile:
Good means in my case: Celestial farming, farming SR range: 60-65, etc. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I never played hardcore in any aRPG, so I don’t know. I would guess it is not for hardcore. I don’t care about celestials much but Lokarr and Mogdrogen can be killed with almost everything I guess. Ravager and Calla absolutely no go with this build.

1 Like

Although lightning res overcap is not that high for Mogdrogen. Some changes would have to be made before fighting him. My aether Opressor is stronger than this one and this build is probably a bit better than my aether Shieldbreaker. Both are here.

My aether Blitz Krieg could be for hardcore though. Tough to kill him. I died with him only once and it was because of lack of my attention in SR 65-66.

Really nice, creative build :smiley:. It’s always cool to try out random stuff even if it might seem weird, but a very rewarding feeling when it actually works out.

Yep, I am really satisfied with this one :slight_smile:

I mean if you hit reaper do you just alt f4?

Reaper is fine. I fought against him in SR 65-66 and killed him easily. I had to use mirror though. He hits hard. You can nullify yourself from the debuffs.

I initially replied to you on Ravager not Reaper. I changed my previous post.

dude you are a freakin machine, man! How do you manage to pump out level 100 builds multiple times a day, almost each day?! Thats nuts, and theyre all really clever ones too!

I have a lot of played builds. And now with corona I play one in two days. I play only in ultimate and then do SR.

I do GDstash greens, but epics and legendaries are legit. And I do play through ultimate (that takes only several hours) and SR runs are usually like 10 to meet all the different bosses and see different mutators. But of course no video proof for everything so who cares what I say, right? :smiley:

With the epic and legendaries I throw away like 90 % of them and keep only the best rolled ones. I have many mules for it.

For example I still have not completeted Morgoneth or Vanquisher set (f*ck RNG). That is why you will not see any builds with it until I do. And on one of my builds I needed a Ravager’s helm so I went to kill him for the first time ever. I don’t care about celestials otherwise at all.

Maybe I could post a picture of played time with it always specially for you so that you will be satisfied.

Twilight%20Spinner%204

Most of the deaths were with earlier version of the char that was not optimized completely. My first version had only 200k DPS, worse life and barely overcapped res. I had also a totally different devo path - a lot worse.

Hey @Duchy, any chance you can post the character to the forums so I can give it a spin? (Pun intended)

I have very little time to play but want to see how it plays. Thanks